Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I have an extra field called "Type", which has the following options: Book, Article, Excerpt, Magazine, Leaflet, Brochure, Image, Document. However, in the search form I only want to show the options Book, Magazine and Article. Is that possible, or will it be hard to achieve?

Same question goes for ‘categories’: is it possible to limit the options of categories to choose from in the search-form? I have a lot of categories, not all of them are relevant for searching..

Thanks & regards, Erik

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Template use the default Joomla search component that does not have option to add the extra fields in it .
    In Joomla there is Smart search component that allow u to add some filters in the search .
    Here is doc : https://docs.joomla.org/Smart_Search_quickstart_guide

erik09 Friend

Sorry, I was referring to the JA K2 filter extension (I should have mentioned that). Can you take a look at my question again please?

Regards,

Erik

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    The extra fileds will show that u will select in the JA K3 searfch filter .
    You can find all the features present in JA K2 search filter in this documentation .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 8 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum