Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hi there!

http://www.autovaerk.dk/site2/index.php/hjem

I would like to limit the menu to showing no sublevels
    I can do that in the Joomla Main Menu, but it’s not the one the template is using?

The items must still be active, just “hidden”

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Dear cnadm,

Can you please explain this line >> “I can do that in the Joomla Main Menu, but it’s not the one the template is using?”.

Regards

Arvind

cnadm Friend

Yes, when I first install the template, the Joomla Main Menu is published in the left module position.
    I then deactivate it, and the template top menu i still active, like you see in the site.

This means, that the Main Menu parameters doesn’t apply, because it’s unpublished.

Do you see what I mean? 🙂

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Dear cnadm,

I may be wrong on this, but i think the template doesnot support this limitation of sub-menus. The feature has been added to T3 templates (latest version releases), not sure how well it work in them.

Lately, as a routine update, the older templates have been added with option to select the menu module to display in horizontal navigation. Not sure when you downloaded this one. JA Hedera download files have been updated in the last 2 days for PHP 5.3 fix.

If you have downloaded the template earlier, you might want to check the replace the templateDetails.xml and ja_vars.php files along with the file mentioned in the PHP 5.3 fix.

Not sure how this will help, but may be you wont have to disable the main menu module. As you can have different menu module for horizontal display.

Arvind

cnadm Friend

If i uninstall the template and then install the new downloaded template, that should work, correct?

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Dear cnadm,

You can just replace the files i have mentioned. As nothing else has been changed.

Arvind

cnadm Friend

Thanks!

The file is here, but it doesn’t show any date of when it was updated?

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=735

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Look mate,

I told you its updated, its not a version release, so no change in version and the date in download will not change, things would be different with new system coming in here. You could have opened & compared the said file, before asking this? Besides, i am sure the date in the XML file must be the latest.

cnadm Friend

Sorry for asking – Thanks.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Dear cnadm,

It was not meant to make you feel sorry. Please feel free, Even now i realise that may be the words went out wrong from my side. Just wanted you to replace the files and see if it helps, to use a different menu module for the top navigation. I updated the download file and confirmed the SVN logs and so i know, its the latest one.

Arvind

cnadm Friend

Hi Arvind

Thank you for your reply – No hard feelings!

I Updated the template, but I’m still trying to figure this out:

“Lately, as a routine update, the older templates have been added with option to select the menu module to display in horizontal navigation. Not sure when you downloaded this one. JA Hedera download files have been updated in the last 2 days for PHP 5.3 fix.

If you have downloaded the template earlier, you might want to check the replace the templateDetails.xml and ja_vars.php files along with the file mentioned in the PHP 5.3 fix.

Not sure how this will help, but may be you wont have to disable the main menu module. As you can have different menu module for horizontal display.”

I just published the main menu again, but now I have two menus
    http://www.autovaerk.dk/site2/

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

this is what i am talking about >> http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/282/5745863796.jpg

cnadm Friend

Tried that, but it still shows sublevels – I’ll try something else, thx for your help 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cnadm 14 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum