Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I have a problem with JA_News and wanted to download a newer version to see if it would fix my problem.

Going to
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=62

But I am being told:

‘ you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:’

I can download templates why not extensions?

Regards

bigrk Friend

I think what the problem here is that the JA-News extension is part of the JA Commercial Extension group which used to be a separate Club Membership. The JA Extension Club was discontinued and now the extensions that are still listed there are only available to Developer Members. These were never available to regular Template Club members. I just opened a thread to see if there is a plan to make them available in someway to all members in the JA Staff Forum.

macca Friend

Thanks for that bigrk.

It would be good to get a look at the JA_News instructions that are held there too.

Menalto Friend

You can read in the Ja-TEline forum,it is same module should be.

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@bigrk 58694 wrote:</em><blockquote>I think what the problem here is that the JA-News extension is part of the JA Commercial Extension group which used to be a separate Club Membership. The JA Extension Club was discontinued and now the extensions that are still listed there are only available to Developer Members. These were never available to regular Template Club members. I just opened a thread to see if there is a plan to make them available in someway to all members in the JA Staff Forum.</blockquote>

I hope this will be the case. I downloaded the free JA Submit and it was crappy compared to my prior download. I was looking for one for members, and I got the note that the other version is not accessible for me.

In regard JA-News extension, isn’t that the heart of the JA Teline series? For many customers, like myself, it is the only one that I have been interested to use for any of my sites. To deny members any upgrade on this is shortchanging those that are interested with Joomlart JA Teline series template.

Joomlart has to wake up. Template companies like Gavick are giving away free versions of some of their best extensions modules. Gavick also has a much more liberal licensing of their templates which may be used for unlimited number of domains. Perhaps this approach allowed Gavick to catch up with Joomlart, even if it is a much younger company and it only releases 1 template per month. Right now, it has attracted many customers, catching up slowly on Joomlart, even if Gavick membership fees are almost double (in fact more now with the low dollar) that of Joomlart.

Joomlart therefore must find ways to retain its loyal customers — and this cannot be done by just continually creating template clones that may never be useful to them. If you look at the Forum, for example, while there are more releases since JA Teline II, except for the novelty of new release, it is clear that many customers showed more interest with the JA Teline II, based on the visitors, as well as the postings. Its own predecessor was the top among all templates (based on postings) and JA Teline II is closing up fast.

Focus on exclusive extensions

For most customers, more than likely they will be interested with just one or two templates. Because of this, there is no attraction to stick long term with no attractive extensions to come into the membership.

In my case for example, I would not be interested to stay long term, if there are no further developments of the JA Teline series that will improve the news and magazine features of the current JA Teline II. I would not hesitate enrolling to another template provider if they come up with better news magazine template with more features along the line possible with the cumbersome iJoomla magazine.

As far as I am concerned with some more minor tweaks, the layout of JA Teline II would be ideal for a news-magazine format. Other unique features may then be introduced as modular extensions to allow users to customize their sites.

Cornelio

macca Friend

<em>@Menalto 58702 wrote:</em><blockquote>You can read in the Ja-TEline forum,it is same module should be.</blockquote>

Hi Menalto,

What’s in the Ja-TEline forum? The documentation and the latest JA_News module?

Thanks

macca Friend

OK, I got hold of the latestest mod_janews.zip 1.3.1 from ja teline ll install .zip and installed to my ja teline l site. Fixed my problem

manuadam Friend

hello, Recently I observed at my client who’d bought ja-lead template that there’s bug in ja-news module which is breaking the entire layout when intro items are set at more than one. For instance, when the intro item is set at 2, both the side bars, left and right are thrown out of gear in the bottom of the page. I tried to set the content wrap padding-left at 5px from default 160px. It did alien the intros under the same category, but could do nothing to restore the layout. I feel it is happening due to some code fault in blog.php or blog-itm.php in ja-news module (tmpl folder). Any help will be highly appreciated.

filmlover7 Friend

<em>@manuadam 168838 wrote:</em><blockquote>hello, Recently I observed at my client who’d bought ja-lead template that there’s bug in ja-news module which is breaking the entire layout when intro items are set at more than one. For instance, when the intro item is set at 2, both the side bars, left and right are thrown out of gear in the bottom of the page. I tried to set the content wrap padding-left at 5px from default 160px. It did alien the intros under the same category, but could do nothing to restore the layout. I feel it is happening due to some code fault in blog.php or blog-itm.php in ja-news module (tmpl folder). Any help will be highly appreciated.</blockquote>
    I have similar problems with the layout breaking. TELINE III IS VERY FUSSY!
    Does anyone else have breakage problems? Is there a list of “Do’s and Don’ts” for teline iii?
    What are the actions the template takes when an article is saved and published? What actions does Teline III take when article is assigned to Frontpage?

sohail12 Friend

Hi friends, I am first time here and really found ti good by all means, Infact the topic is good to read and and sending this page to my other firends because they are always asking me for the good resources to read out

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  sohail12 13 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum