Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Dear friends,

Its a pleasure to welcome Tom Crawford (TomC). I am sure he is a well known person in our forums and have been an avid JA supporter all these years. I am happy that he has offered to help maintain the forums and help the members in their problems. Lets know more about him :

1. Hi, can you introduce us a little about you? Where do you live and do you like your place?

<blockquote>I am Tom Crawford (aka: TomC). I live in Orange County, California (USA) and I have lived here since 1995 – so I very much enjoy living here. </blockquote>

2. How and when did you meet Joomla and JoomlArt?
    <blockquote>
    I have been a JoomlART member since 2007. I found JoomlART while I was researching website design for an ambitious ecommerce project I have been developing. I was initially attracted to JA’s “Xenia II” template. However, at the time I first joined the JoomlART Community, my experience and knowledge of Content Management Systems and PHP/CSS design concepts was very limited. Over the last four years, I have learned a great deal as a JoomlART member and through the Community.</blockquote>

3. Have you used other CMS? Why you choose Joomla? What do you like best in Joomla?
    <blockquote>
    I had not previously used a CMS prior to Joomla – and I have not used any other system since discovering Joomla. I prefer the Joomla CMS due to it’s easy to navigate administration system, as well as the thousands of components and extensions available for Joomla that allow one to create virtually any website experience one wants.</blockquote>

4. There are a lot of Joomla template providers out there, why is JoomlArt your decision?

<blockquote>I have researched and reviewed most of the most prominent Joomla Template Clubs and Developers on the internet, and I have consistently found JoomlART’s products to be the most innovative and visually appealing. Throughout my four years as a member, I have seen various issues and “bumps” along the road occur for JoomlART. However, though strong Community supporters, Moderators and JoomlART’s Development Team’s commitment to strive to be the best, I have also seen JoomlART rise above any temporary issues and/or set-backs and establish itself as one of – if not THE premier Joomla Template Club available today.</blockquote>

5. And what template do you think it’s best in JA portfolio up to now?
    <blockquote>
    In my opinion, the best template within JoomlART’s portfolio is, hands sown, Teline IV. There is so much functionality that has been put into the Teline series thoughout the years – and, with the release of Teline IV, the innovation and dynamic functionality of the Teline series continues to get better and better.

Other favorites of mine include JA-Zeolite II, JA-Social, JA-Methys, JA-Pariti, JA-Nagya, JA-Events and the recent JA-Travel.</blockquote>

6. If you were the Leader of JA team, what is the first you thing you want to change in the templates, extensions?

<blockquote>If I were made a leader of a JA Team, I would first encourage the Development Team to research and keep an eye on what the competition is doing, see what the most current trends are in contemporary web design (including ecommerce, social media and dynamic interactive content) and work toward integrating the best of what we find into JoomlART’s continuing product development.

I would also encourage the expansion of the JoomlART Extenstion and Magento Development Teams to, likewise, research and develop products that will further ignite interest in these additional JA products and elevate JA’s reputation and sales success within these respective product and platform communities. Magento was recently purchased by eBay – so you can rest assured that Magento is going to continue to grow and become an even bigger player within the open-source ecommerce market. </blockquote>

7. What kind of the design you wanna to see in the coming time?

<blockquote>As we know, ecommerce continues to grow and grow and grow – and it is not going away. I would like to see more ecommerce based templates – though with a development/design eye on contemporary ecommerce development in terms of category/product presentation, navigation and social media/marketing integration.

I also think that there is room for some further innovation for JoomlART – perhaps a YouTube-like video sharing based template, or a visually appealing auction/classified ads template, or an “Ask An Expert” knowledge database type template.</blockquote>

8. Why do you want to be JA forum’s moderator?

<blockquote>Over the years – as I, myself, have learned to work with Joomla, JoomlART and various PHP/CSS related web issues – I have tried to “give back” to the Community in trying to help others with questions and issues. I have also seen a good number of individuals who seem to love to complain and make impatient/unreasonable demands upon the JoomlART Staff with regard to various issues – most of which are relatively minor.

One of the most common issues over the last year or so has been the perception that the JA Support Staff is not responsive to Community Member questions and issues. Even more recently, one of JA’s earliest members and supporters (Bill “instantinlaw”) wrote a post in which he, himself, was feeling neglected as a JA member. This caused concern for me and, after exchanging some communication with Arvind, I accepted a role as a “Trial Moderator” to try to help provide some additional support and response within the JA Forum Community. I’d like to think that I have been able to provide some additional value to the JoomlART Community, as well as to the JoomlART Staff.

</blockquote>

9. How do you plan to balance your full time work and supporting at JA forum as a moderator?
    <blockquote>
    I have already been “balancing” my full-time work and supporting JA Forums for quite a while now – and I’d like to think I’ve been doing a relatively decent job thus far (at least, I hope). I also check the Forum when I am home- and I try to help as many people as I can within the limits of my own personal knowledge and skill. </blockquote>

10. Are you keen on any type of soft drinks while you are at keyboard? Beer?

<blockquote> Not really … .during the day, I drink mostly water and green tea. </blockquote>

11. What do you do at your free time? Any special hobbies?

<blockquote> In my free time, I try to further develop my ecommerce project. (Let’s face it, I’m never going to make money just LOOKING at pretty websites). I also lift weights/workout regularly, play the drums and play tennis on weekends. </blockquote>

12. What is your current employment status (what do you do)?

<blockquote>I am a Manager for a major Workers Compensation/Risk Management Third-Party-Administrator. I oversee a Team of 15 professionals who administrate workers compensation claims and benefits for large corporations who contract with us. I have been doing this type of work for 19 years.</blockquote>

13. What would you name as the achievement you are most proud of in your life to date?

<blockquote>The achievement I am most proud of, to date, is scoring within the 93rd percentile (amongst all test takers in 1994) on the Law School Admissions Test (LSAT) – which allowed me to be admitted to a quality Law School in 1995.

My next proudest achievement will be when I finally launch my ecommerce business – which I have been developing and working on for the last 4+ years. </blockquote>

14. And finally, how about your marital status? Are you on date? Do you mind telling something about her?

<blockquote>I am currently engaged to a beautiful blonde woman named Wendilee. She used to portray Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty and Alice In Wonderland at Disneyland USA. She is currently an Assistant Manager for the Toys R Us corporation.
    </blockquote>

Tom, Welcome to JA Family and thanks for your time and help.

Warm Regards,

Hung Dinh

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Welcome Tom,

Its a pleasure having you here.

Arvind

instantinlaw Friend

Hey Tom, Here’s a belated Congrats!
    I haven’t been around in a while, but as soon as I saw this thread I just had to leave a post.
    You’ve come a long way since you joined JA and you’ve taken to JA templates and Joomla like they were second nature to you. I know you will be one of the most helpful people here. So, even though you’ve been helping out here already for some time now… Keep up the great work! 🙂

anilshar3 Friend

Hi Tom,

Welcome to the forum

TomC Moderator

<em>@instantinlaw 292049 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hey Tom, Here’s a belated Congrats!
    I haven’t been around in a while, but as soon as I saw this thread I just had to leave a post.
    You’ve come a long way since you joined JA and you’ve taken to JA templates and Joomla like they were second nature to you. </blockquote>

GREAT TO SEE YOU, BILL !!! 😀

You don’t know how many times I reflect back to my “early lessons” via the amazingly helpful tutorial videos you would produce for JA Xenia II. If it weren’t for guys like you, scotty, Phil, Menalto and others (back in the day) – it is very likely I may have thrown in the towel and not have continued on as I had/have. So . . THANK YOU !!!

<em>@instantinlaw 292049 wrote:</em><blockquote>I know you will be one of the most helpful people here. So, even though you’ve been helping out here already for some time now… Keep up the great work! :)</blockquote>
    Tryin’ my best to be as helpful as possible – to as many of our Members as possible.
    (knockin’ on scotty’s door on the “Top Thanked” list)
    😎

Hope to see more of you around the JA Community from now on !!!

🙂

instantinlaw Friend

Hi Tom, I’m glad I checked in again, as I’m still not getting all notifications and I didn’t even know you replied.

Yeah, it was kind of like the wild west back then, but Hung has done a good job at hiring people like you who learned the JA templates from scratch and can now pass that info on to new members. As I said before, I know you have been, and will continue to be a great asset to the JA team, and I’m glad you are still here to help out.

Oh, if you see any of the old timers around the forum, tell them I said Hi, and thanks for the warm welcome back, it is good to see you too 🙂

bubbletech Friend

welcome Mr.Tom Crawford….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  bubbletech 11 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum