Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

We recently upgraded JA_obelisk to 1.1.0 and T3 to 2.3.2.

When I attempt to compile Less from the template manager, I get the error listed below.

I have done a source search within the template folder for cannot find any file containing this line

`.buttonBackground(@btnPrimaryBackground, @btnPrimaryBackgroundHighlight);`

I have checked the variables.less file and the 2 colors in the expression are defined in variables.less

@btnPrimaryBackground: @linkColor;
    @btnPrimaryBackgroundHighlight: lighten @linkColor, 10%);

Any suggestions as to how I can proceed?

Keith
    PS As noted above, this is a development site on our internal server and is not yet accessible from outside our office.

Compile LESS to CSS failed

exception 'Exception' with message 'expected color value: failed at `.buttonBackground(@btnPrimaryBackground, @btnPrimaryBackgroundHighlight);`
    line: 1679' in /var/www/html/jaar/plugins/system/t3/includes/lessphp/lessc.inc.php:3258 Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/html/jaar/plugins/system/t3/includes/lessphp/lessc.inc.php(1862): lessc_parser->throwError('expected color ...', 41322)
    #1 /var/www/html/jaar/plugins/system/t3/includes/lessphp/lessc.inc.php(1070): lessc->throwError('expected color ...')
    #2 /var/www/html/jaar/plugins/system/t3/includes/lessphp/lessc.inc.php(919): lessc->assertColor(Array)
    #3 /var/www/html/jaar/plugins/system/t3/includes/lessphp/lessc.inc.php(934): lessc->colorArgs(Array)
    #4 : lessc->lib_lighten(Array, Object(lessc))
    #5 /var/www/html/jaar/plugins/system/t3/includes/lessphp/lessc.inc.php(1275): call_user_func(Array, Array, Object(lessc))
    #6 /var/www/html/jaar/plugins/system/t3/includes/lessphp/lessc.inc.php(1240): lessc->reduce(Array)
    #7 : lessc->reduce(Array)
    #8 /var/www/html/jaar/plugins/system/t3/includes/lessphp/lessc.inc.php(627): array_map(Array, Array)
    #9 /var/www/html/jaar/plugins/system/t3/includes/lessphp/lessc.inc.php(277): lessc->compileProp(Array, Object(stdClass), Object(stdClass))
    #10 /var/www/html/jaar/plugins/system/t3/includes/lessphp/lessc.inc.php(215): lessc->compileProps(Object(stdClass), Object(stdClass))
    #11 /var/www/html/jaar/plugins/system/t3/includes/lessphp/lessc.inc.php(189): lessc->compileCSSBlock(Object(stdClass))
    #12 /var/www/html/jaar/plugins/system/t3/includes/lessphp/lessc.inc.php(622): lessc->compileBlock(Object(stdClass))
    #13 /var/www/html/jaar/plugins/system/t3/includes/lessphp/lessc.inc.php(277): lessc->compileProp(Array, Object(stdClass), Object(stdClass))
    #14 /var/www/html/jaar/plugins/system/t3/includes/lessphp/lessc.inc.php(271): lessc->compileProps(Object(stdClass), Object(stdClass))
    #15 /var/www/html/jaar/plugins/system/t3/includes/lessphp/lessc.inc.php(186): lessc->compileRoot(Object(stdClass))
    #16 /var/www/html/jaar/plugins/system/t3/includes/lessphp/lessc.inc.php(1663): lessc->compileBlock(Object(stdClass))
    #17 /var/www/html/jaar/plugins/system/t3/includes/lessphp/legacy.less.php(32): lessc->compile('@import "../../...')
    #18 /var/www/html/jaar/plugins/system/t3/includes/core/less.php(237): T3LessCompiler::compile('@import "../../...', Array)
    #19 /var/www/html/jaar/plugins/system/t3/includes/core/less.php(600): T3Less::compileCss('templates/ja_ob...', 'templates/ja_ob...')
    #20 /var/www/html/jaar/plugins/system/t3/includes/core/action.php(63): T3Less::compileAll('')
    #21 /var/www/html/jaar/plugins/system/t3/includes/core/action.php(40): T3Action::lesscall()
    #22 /var/www/html/jaar/plugins/system/t3/includes/core/t3.php(189): T3Action::run('lesscall')
    #23 /var/www/html/jaar/plugins/system/t3/t3.php(109): T3::checkAction()
    #24 : plgSystemT3->onAfterRoute()
    #25 /var/www/html/jaar/libraries/joomla/event/event.php(71): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #26 /var/www/html/jaar/libraries/joomla/event/dispatcher.php(162): JEvent->update(Array)
    #27 /var/www/html/jaar/libraries/joomla/application/base.php(106): JEventDispatcher->trigger('onAfterRoute', NULL)
    #28 /var/www/html/jaar/libraries/cms/application/administrator.php(464): JApplicationBase->triggerEvent('onAfterRoute')
    #29 /var/www/html/jaar/libraries/cms/application/administrator.php(153): JApplicationAdministrator->route()
    #30 /var/www/html/jaar/libraries/cms/application/cms.php(251): JApplicationAdministrator->doExecute()
    #31 /var/www/html/jaar/administrator/index.php(42): JApplicationCms->execute()
    #32 {main}

Eragon H Friend

1. I tested in my end but didn’t face this issue. It seem this is a problem at your end only.

2. The code

.buttonBackground(@btnPrimaryBackgroundHighlight, @btnPrimaryBackground);

is contained in 2 files:
    /less/form.less
    /less/joomla.less

3. You can try with the less folder in attachment

1. less.zip
    network211 Friend

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I have exact copies of all the files you sent in my less folder with the exception of my custom less file and my theme.

I have attached the files. Would you please see if there is anything in these files which is creating the problem.

Can you recommend steps I should take to debug the problem?

1. less.zip
    Eragon H Friend

I can compile with your my-custom.less and theme without any error.
    a. http://prntscr.com/4u3ufk
    b. http://prntscr.com/4u3uhd

As this issue only occurs after upgrading to T3 2.3.2 . I would like to suggest you to try:
    1. Compiling LESS to CSS without your customized less files

2. If you still face issues, backing-up your site and re-installing the T3 2.3.2

Also, if you use our JA Extensions Manager to upgrade the T3, there is option to roll-back to the previous version

network211 Friend

Thanks for your help.

I have run several tests and discovered that the problem is with the JA_Obelisk version 1.1.0 template.

Fortunately we have a version using JA_obelisk 1.0.3 which works. I upgraded everything (Joomla to 3.3.6, T3 to 2.3.2) and tested and it runs fine.

When I upgraded to ja_obelisk 1.1.0, the Less will no longer compile.

Therefore I conclude the problem is with the template upgrade 1.1.0

Eragon H Friend

It’s strange, I can compile your customized less files with the template version 1.1.0 and T3 2.3.2 without any error.

Can you provide detailed steps so that I can re-produce your issue at my end to check.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eragon H 9 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum