Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

I have been trying to get all my modules correctly placed and I am having trouble figuring out how exactly I use both left columns? I assign modules to the left position and they just stack up in the far left column and I have no idea to how to assign modules to the 2nd left column. I imagine this is probably a rookie speedbump but I cannot figure it out. Thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers,

Jake

Phill Moderator

If I get you correctly, you are on about the left and right columns which are both on the right (or left on RTL languages)

Please post a link or screenshot highlighting what you mean.

jaschneider28 Friend

If you look at the module locations on here: http://www.joomlart.com/templates_club/club_portfolio/ja-rasite.html

there are two left columns. I am unable to get any modules in the second left one or middle one whatever you want to call it. Instead my modules just stay in the far left column which is where the featured module is placed on the demo.

gail_peacock Friend

I’m having problems understanding this left column. In fact im having a problem understanding most of this template lol. Is there a more in depth manual for this template?

The left column of the two is the show on front page? At least it is on my site now, somehow. It isn’t a featured articles list. The right column in this area is called ‘Free Wallpapers’?

Phill Moderator

The “Featured Articles” bit is the main content area, not a module position. The name may be a bit confusing.

This image might help. The left column is actually the one in the middle.

jaschneider28 Friend

haha wow I feel dumb. I had a feeling it was going to be something dumb. Thanks for the help man.

rubygirl Friend

okay so if it is a main content section how do you select what content is to be displayed there …. or change the heading name?

Phill Moderator

To change its name go to the proerties for the menu item “Home”. It is in the Parameters(system) section under Page title.

As with any template the info in this section is controlled through the article manager. If an item is set to “Show on Frontpage” then it will appear here.

gail_peacock Friend

I’ve been wondering how to change that main page title heading.

1 less problem on my list. Getting there 😀

chalobollywood Friend

Dear Sir,

Is it possible that i can add a module in ‘main content area’ as per the image attached above.

feanorv Friend

<em>@chalobollywood 169612 wrote:</em><blockquote>Dear Sir,

Is it possible that i can add a module in ‘main content area’ as per the image attached above.</blockquote>

I have the same question !

chalobollywood Friend

so you mean no one knows the answer even the developers who made this template.

Rasite guys have done brilliant stuff just if they could advice on this …may be i am doing it wrong !!!

tphmedia Friend

The answer is: The far left column is actually a holder for “frontpage” articles. To get it to style as in the demo, you must first install and publish the ja-thumbnail plug-in. Then activate the Front Page feature and size the thumbnails accordingly.

feanorv Friend

The question is how to transform it into a module position

chalobollywood Friend

Dear tphmedia / everyone,

may be i fail to understand i have the site working as demo but i just wanted to insert another module exactly below the ‘Featured Articles’ module …just image i want to have poll’s module below ‘Featured articles’ module.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  chalobollywood 14 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum