Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi,

for the homepage, the featured articles:

Is it possible for the big leading article on the top left to show more text?

thx

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello @dageraad
    could u share your site url and a screenshot how u needed the intro text in on featured page .
    so i can check it and suggest you some changes .

dageraad Friend

tuinhuizenfabrikant2.mascom.be

1. wholetext
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Go to templates/ja_magz_ii/html/com_content/featured/default_item.php
    Find this code `

$this->item->introtext = substr(($this->item->introtext), 0, 200);

Increase the value from 200 to 400 . save and check.
    dageraad Friend

Thanks!
    But there’s still something strange: even when I increase the value to 1000, it keeps cutting off the last word and puts dots in its place ( now I’ve manually typed "…" at the end of the article so it doesn’t remove the last word).

Also another question regarding the same section: In the article some words are , and there are also different paragraphes, but it seems to automatically remove those elements. Can I do something about this?

thx

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    go to the same file
    find this code

$this->item->introtext = substr(($this->item->introtext), 0, 200);
            $this->item->introtext = substr($this->item->introtext, 0, strrpos($this->item->introtext, ' ')) . " ...";
            echo $this->item->introtext;

replace it with

$this->item->introtext = substr(($this->item->introtext));

Let me know if it helps

dageraad Friend

Hi,

No, I get this: Warning: substr() expects at least 2 parameters, 1 given in /home/joomla10/public_html/tuinhuizenfabrikant2/templates/ja_magz_ii/html/com_content/featured/default_item.php on line 77

my original code looks like this btw:

$this->item->introtext = substr(strip_tags($this->item->introtext), 0, 200); $this->item->introtext = substr($this->item->introtext, 0, strrpos($this->item->introtext, ‘ ‘)) . " …"; echo $this->item->introtext;

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    i replaced this code

<?php 
            $this->item->introtext = substr(($this->item->introtext), 0, 400);
            $this->item->introtext = substr($this->item->introtext, 0, strrpos($this->item->introtext, ' ')) . " ...";
          ?>

into this

<?php 
            $this->item->introtext = ($this->item->introtext);
          ?>

And its working fine at my local system .
    If it not solve issue , you post your site details via private reply . I will fix it directly on your site .

dageraad Friend

Yes it works! Thanks Pankaj.

A last question concerning these adjusted php-files:
    Will these modifications be kept when updating the template? Is there something like php overrides, like the custom.css we have for the stylesheets?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    You need to save the custom changes , it can be override on template update .
    Try to make override in /local folder if its not work you need save changes and apply them again when they override ..
    Path : /ja_magz_ii/local/html/com_content/featured/default_item.php

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 8 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum