Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I’m trying to assign the Default layout style to all pages but the Home page.

When I save the styles however, the Home page loses it’s Layout assignment.

So one layout or the other works, but not both at the same time.

It should be features-intro on the Home page and Default on all other pages.

Thanks,
    Bill

TomC Moderator

When you installed your template, did you do so via the quickstart + sample data installation process?

billrust Friend

<em>@TomC 445860 wrote:</em><blockquote>When you installed your template, did you do so via the quickstart + sample data installation process?</blockquote>

No, I installed the template package over a fresh install of Joomla. I never use quickstart packages, too much clutter and things to clean out, and too many issues I have seen over the years with things breaking as a result.

I simply installed the template, modules, and plug-ins required.

Bill

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Bill,

<blockquote>I’m trying to assign the Default layout style to all pages but the Home page.

When I save the styles however, the Home page loses it’s Layout assignment.</blockquote>

As I can see that you set a template style ‘JA Nuevo – Default’ as default template style but you don’t have any other template style to assign for the homepage so that when your site is loaded, the homepage will take default template style. This is reason why the homepage doesn’t look as expected as it’s loaded ‘default’ layout instead of ‘feature-intro’ layout.

I just duplicated a new template style called ‘JA Nuevo – Home’ and assigned to Homepage only and it’s displaying fine now, kindly take a look.

Best

billrust Friend

<em>@Saguaros 445922 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Bill,
    As I can see that you set a template style ‘JA Nuevo – Default’ as default template style but you don’t have any other template style to assign for the homepage so that when your site is loaded, the homepage will take default template style. This is reason why the homepage doesn’t look as expected as it’s loaded ‘default’ layout instead of ‘feature-intro’ layout.

I just duplicated a new template style called ‘JA Nuevo – Home’ and assigned to Homepage only and it’s displaying fine now, kindly take a look.

Best</blockquote>

Ok, thank you. I swear I did the assignment correctly. As I described above, I had the featured layout assigned to Home, and Default assigned to all other pages. Not sure why it wasn’t working as I expected it to.

Anyway, thanks as always!

Bill

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  billrust 9 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum