Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi all,

I am using JA Pollux (fab!) but when I stretch browser inwards the LEFT and RIGHT columns drop below BODY?

This is not a problem when using Netscape.

Any suggestion please? Thanks!

Jazz :confused:

Khanh Le Moderator

There are some thread in this forum discussing about this problem. I think it should help to solve your problem.

silentmedia Friend

<em>@khanh 4425 wrote:</em><blockquote>There are some thread in this forum discussing about this problem. I think it should help to solve your problem.</blockquote>

Hi Guys,

Searched but could only find one solution from around July posting but this did not work for me. If there is a solution could you please post it here or put up a link to where the solution is?

Thanks!! 🙂
    Jazz

Khanh Le Moderator

In your case, I guess that there’s something wider than its container making other part of the template drop when viewing in IE. If you still cannot figure out what cause the problem, please provide us your live site url.

silentmedia Friend

<em>@khanh 4648 wrote:</em><blockquote>In your case, I guess that there’s something wider than its container making other part of the template drop when viewing in IE. If you still cannot figure out what cause the problem, please provide us your live site url.</blockquote>

Morning! Yes you are right, I had the template chooser box in the left column which caused the problem, but when I remove it – it works fine.

My concernt is that I might want to use a module in the left box that is as wide as the template chooser one… I don’t get the problem anytime when using Netscape – it’s only a problem in IE6.

My working on ‘Live’ site is http://www.moneyfingers.co.uk

Thanks!

PS Amazing support here – Thank you!! 😀

Khanh Le Moderator

This problem only occur with IE6. If you still want to use such wide module, you could add this style to your template css file template_css.css:

#ja-leftcol, #ja-rightcol {
    overflow: hidden;
    }

bergmannn Friend

<em>@khanh 4659 wrote:</em><blockquote>This problem only occur with IE6. If you still want to use such wide module, you could add this style to your template css file template_css.css:

#ja-leftcol, #ja-rightcol {
    overflow: hidden;
    }

</blockquote>

This helps me too.. Thanks

Martin

phleum Friend

Hi,

This solution doesn’t work for me, though I have a similar problem, but only (so far) with Mosets Tree. At any width setting, in IE and Firefox, my right column and sometimes left bounce below the main body, in some pages. I suspected it may have been the rigid tables, but I have changed some of tree’s templates to tableless, and it still happens. On some pages, the right column bounces all the way to the left. Oddly, on some it works fine, notably the main index- which is still designed using tables.

Help!?

I have the Pollux template on the Mosets Tree directory if you’d like to look and see:
    http://www.massmees.org/index.php?option=com_mtree&task=listcats&cat_id=0&Itemid=89

Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  phleum 17 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum