Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

1. Why so many queries ?
    Under menu items, i have created 1 menu link pointing to the JA K2 FILTER item list and another menu link pointing to K2 » Item listings, both pointing to the same items. What i have noticed is that the one pointing to the JA K2 FILTER items have MUCH more queries than using the K2 » Item listings, why is dont know, maybe you have any answers to this. Both pages using exactly same layout, no extra modules, plugins or scripts added to the pages.

Anywhow, since the JA K2 FILTER item list produces much more queries, i choosed K2 » Item listings instead of using JA K2 FILTER item list page , now the the problem i am facing.

2. Layout issues
    My layout is basic, where i have chosen to have a 3 columns layout. If i now publish the JA K2 FILTER module on those 2 Pages (JA K2 FILTER item list page and K2 » Item listings page ), choosing some values in the filter search module, results are presented normally with 3 columns under the JA K2 FILTER item list page, but under the K2 » Item listings page, search results does present the results with 1 column only, it does ignore my 3 column layout.

Please note i have configured both pages exactly the same, its just when search results are presented it somehow breaks my 3 columns layout.

As explained above, using the JA K2 FILTER item list page is not an option at the moment as it produces som much more queries, it produces around 76 queries compared to 45 queries when using the K2 » Item listings page instead, doubling the amount of queries for the same generated output

So my question is, do you know what is causing the layout break on search results, but also, why is there so much more queries using JA K2 FILTER item list page, as it is right now, i cant choose none of the options.

Cheers

UPDATE…
    Layout break solved. Just the querie issue remains.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by  wolly.
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

Kindly share the credentials of your site so I can take a look. And how you count the queries on that page, does it loads more slowly?

wolly Friend

Hello,
    I am working locally at the moment, i can provide an url once i have it online. I does not load slow at all, so maybe i am over-reacting a bit, things load fast and responsive. When i have debugging on the joomla site ( in global configuration ) i can measure the queries, and this is when i noticed the huge amount of queries made by JA K2 FIlter, maybe nothing to worry about ?

My biggest concerns are if the "many" queries will perform good on a website with 60k – 80k page views a day ? I am aware that it much depends on hardware and configuration, but still, i want to keep the queries as low as possible for optimum results in the future.

A short notice regarding JA K2 FIlter Module
    I also noticed that when disabling "Filter By Category" in JA k2 FIlter module settings, queries drops from 148 to around 50 queries, even if i have only one category and no subcatgories.

Cheers

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by  wolly.
    Saguaros Moderator

I will share with the team for further checking on this also.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum