Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Is it possible to make Latest News module viewable by Public on the front page, but all articles within that category would require "Registered" or login?

Here is an image of how that would look like: http://imgur.com/a/3FOuZ

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    You can apply the Joomla ACL on the module that if you want do not want to show them t public .
    to apply the ACL to Articles you can apply the ACL to their menu items via Menu options .
    Tutorial : https://docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Access_Control_List_Tutorial

suzanna Friend

I do want the module be visible to Public.
    When they click on a blog post in the module, I don’t want them to see the entire article unless they login.

It’s like a teaser of news with intro text of 100 characters. When they click on the headline, they need to login to view the entire article.

Thank you.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Check te 2nd option > Apply the access level on the menu item where the articles or its category is associated . Open the menu item and apply access level to registered .

suzanna Friend

I’m sorry, I don’t understand. Could you help me with a screen-shot?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator
    suzanna Friend

This is not a menu. This is a blog module. I have 5 story snippets that I want to be Public. When Public clicks on the headline, I would like them to be prompted to login.

I do want the module be visible to Public BUT when they click on a blog post in the module, I don’t want them to see the entire article unless they login.

It’s like a teaser of news with intro text of 100 characters. When they click on the headline, they need to login to view the entire article.

Thank you.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    when u click on a article under this module i believe it will open under a menu item , check the URL of articles , so u can apply ACL on menu item or you can apply ACL on article, this is default ACL option offered by Joomla.
    For more info kindly read the documentation of Joomla ACL
    Regards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 7 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum