Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

While the caching built into the template really helps speed up my site, it also creates a huge number of T3 cached files. In a 24-48 hour period it can grow to 30,000 files. Is there any way to automatically delete the ones that expire? If I don’t go into the site almost daily and clean the cache I’m concerned I will fill up the directory.

Thanks!

Ninja Lead Moderator

to ease the task you can use some extension like this:
    http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/site-management/cache/9495
    To let Joomla automatically delete cache you have to write a cronjob file and config your server to periodically execute it.

mmckeen Friend

Just checking back in on this … are you saying it is normal to have 15,000 files in my cache folder after just 24 hours? Many of them are marked as .php_expire so I assumed your plugin would go through and automatically remove those but it doesn’t … why do I need to run a third party plugin to remove those?

beam71 Friend

Same problem here, why is the t3 folder number of php files growing exponentially, like being recreated for each page visited by each visitor per day.

Why not re-use same php file in cache without re-creating it each time and respect an expire delay that`s not like.. 0 ??
    When we want to refresh update content in back-end , we then would just cleat the cache.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Dear Beam71,

There is a Clear t3 cache button below admin’ menu, it helps us quickly clear the cache, please check.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 13 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum