Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Which position should be used by or is designed for languageswitcher?

himangi Friend

Hi,

I assume you are talking about Joomla’s default Language switcher module.. In my opinion you should put it at very top or just below logo / header image, such that visitors can see it all the time without scrolling..

swissa Friend

<em>@himangi 294905 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

I assume you are talking about Joomla’s default Language switcher module.. In my opinion you should put it at very top or just below logo / header image, such that visitors can see it all the time without scrolling..</blockquote>

Yes I am.

I’ve tried it in just about every position in the template! None work. The only one where I can get it to show on the page is search but then of course if you click on a language flag you get to search not change language.

Now, I don’t know if it is me or if there is a bug in this template with regard to multi-language. I’ve test installed it on two dev domains and both have the same problem. As per usual you can build two language menus and show them on the template (without switcher) but you can’t do any menu associations.

I’m not a programmer so only assume that either Joomla or Elastica didn’t build the tables in the database but this is the error code I get.

Table ‘comms.lj8ay_associations’ doesn’t exist SQL=SELECT a.*,l.title AS language_title, l.image as image,u.name AS editor,c.element AS componentname,ag.title AS access_level,COUNT(asso2.id)>1 as association FROM `lj8ay_menu` AS a LEFT JOIN `lj8ay_languages` AS l ON l.lang_code = a.language LEFT JOIN `lj8ay_users` AS u ON u.id = a.checked_out LEFT JOIN `lj8ay_extensions` AS c ON c.extension_id = a.component_id LEFT JOIN lj8ay_viewlevels AS ag ON ag.id = a.access LEFT JOIN lj8ay_associations AS asso ON asso.id = a.id AND asso.context=’com_menus.item’ LEFT JOIN lj8ay_associations AS asso2 ON asso2.key = asso.key WHERE a.id > 1 AND a.client_id = 0 AND (a.published IN (0, 1)) AND a.menutype = ‘enmenu’ GROUP BY a.id ORDER BY a.lft asc Table ‘comms.lj8ay_associations’ doesn’t exist SQL=SELECT a.*,l.title AS language_title, l.image as image,u.name AS editor,c.element AS componentname,ag.title AS access_level,COUNT(asso2.id)>1 as association FROM `lj8ay_menu` AS a LEFT JOIN `lj8ay_languages` AS l ON l.lang_code = a.language LEFT JOIN `lj8ay_users` AS u ON u.id = a.checked_out LEFT JOIN `lj8ay_extensions` AS c ON c.extension_id = a.component_id LEFT JOIN lj8ay_viewlevels AS ag ON ag.id = a.access LEFT JOIN lj8ay_associations AS asso ON asso.id = a.id AND asso.context=’com_menus.item’ LEFT JOIN lj8ay_associations AS asso2 ON asso2.key = asso.key WHERE a.id > 1 AND a.client_id = 0 AND (a.published IN (0, 1)) AND a.menutype = ‘enmenu’ GROUP BY a.id ORDER BY a.lft asc LIMIT 0, 20 Table ‘comms.lj8ay_associations’ doesn’t exist SQL=SELECT a.*,l.title AS language_title, l.image as image,u.name AS editor,c.element AS componentname,ag.title AS access_level,COUNT(asso2.id)>1 as association FROM `lj8ay_menu` AS a LEFT JOIN `lj8ay_languages` AS l ON l.lang_code = a.language LEFT JOIN `lj8ay_users` AS u ON u.id = a.checked_out LEFT JOIN `lj8ay_extensions` AS c ON c.extension_id = a.component_id LEFT JOIN lj8ay_viewlevels AS ag ON ag.id = a.access LEFT JOIN lj8ay_associations AS asso ON asso.id = a.id AND asso.context=’com_menus.item’ LEFT JOIN lj8ay_associations AS asso2 ON asso2.key = asso.key WHERE a.id > 1 AND a.client_id = 0 AND (a.published IN (0, 1)) AND a.menutype = ‘enmenu’ GROUP BY a.id ORDER BY a.lft asc Table ‘comms.lj8ay_associations’ doesn’t exist SQL=SELECT a.*,l.title AS language_title, l.image as image,u.name AS editor,c.element AS componentname,ag.title AS access_level,COUNT(asso2.id)>1 as association FROM `lj8ay_menu` AS a LEFT JOIN `lj8ay_languages` AS l ON l.lang_code = a.language LEFT JOIN `lj8ay_users` AS u ON u.id = a.checked_out LEFT JOIN `lj8ay_extensions` AS c ON c.extension_id = a.component_id LEFT JOIN lj8ay_viewlevels AS ag ON ag.id = a.access LEFT JOIN lj8ay_associations AS asso ON asso.id = a.id AND asso.context=’com_menus.item’ LEFT JOIN lj8ay_associations AS asso2 ON asso2.key = asso.key WHERE a.id > 1 AND a.client_id = 0 AND (a.published IN (0, 1)) AND a.menutype = ‘enmenu’ GROUP BY a.id ORDER BY a.lft asc

Never had this before and it is only after installing this template – quickstart install.

Any thoughts?

himangi Friend

Hi

Can you please clarify if the Language switcher module works with other JA / non JA templates but it is not working with JA Elastica only?

Also can you please provide site url where I can see the issue?

swissa Friend

I have another site live that is JA based and dual language – whist there was some serious pain, it does work.

This is a new one for me.

It’s on a dev server so I’ll PM you login details as you only see at the back end.

himangi Friend

Hi

I resaved your language switcher module on all pages and I can see 2 flags.. I played with menu items to check if they work and they seem to be working.. Please check the same by assigning some articles to English and some to other language..

Let me know if you want any more help.

swissa Friend

Hi himangi,

I did something very similar but with bigger flags to my other site. Not ideal but works.

Did you look at the menu association problem?

If you set menu associations in the language plugin you can’t even get to any menus in menu manager. I’ve just set it to that if you want to look while you are logged in.

Thanks

himangi Friend

When I tried to access Main menu / Swiss menu i am getting 500 – An error has occurred now.. Can you please check that? Also since it is giving db table error for language association, please check if the error has been reported by other Joomla users at Joomla forums as it is core Joomla issue.

swissa Friend

The 500 error is the problem!! 😉

It is to do with the language plugin and is the first time I’ve ever had it and ONLY with this template – on two different installs, hence my post of it here. Someone might want to check if it is a bug in Elastica.

Anyway thanks for your help. 🙂

himangi Friend

Hi

I tried using JA Elastica on one of my dual language sites. It does not give me any error.. The setting I have done is, I have an English menu EN and a test menu FR (French). FR menu only contains home page for the language. All other menu items, that is default English page, other English menu items and other French menu items.. I have associated the menu items in English to French and everything works fine..

See if the above setting works for you.

swissa Friend

Thanks himangi

I’ve set up a new instance on another part of the server and no problems. Strange but then that’s computers for you!

Cheers for the help!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  swissa 12 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum