Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hello team,

i tried to enable language switcher in order to have more than one languages in my site. Unfortunately i am not able to display language switcher on my site.

Please check and help me to solve the problem.

Thank you

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    If you want to create a multi-language website in Joomla you have to follow this documentation and create module, articles, Menu for each language.

Regards

archaggelos Friend

Hello again,

i have followed the documentation you are proposed, I have created articles and menus for each language and I have managed to display language switcher in js_side_frontpage_top position (although i prefer to display language switcher on the top right corner of my site) but language switcher is empty, no language displayed there. What I have done wrong? Kindly help me to solve my issue.

Note that System – Language Filter and System – Language Code are enabled as Language Switcher module requires in order to work (with no success)

Thank you in advance

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    I checked your site not noticed you have not created menu items for each language.
    You have to create Main Menu for EN that has only EN language items and same for 2nd language.
    Create each category for the EN language articles and same for 2nd language.
    This way you can create a multi language site.

Regards

archaggelos Friend

Hi again,

i did what you said (i think i did it correctly 🙂 ) but still not working….

Please check and let me know what is it wrong

Thank you

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Still, you are using one home page for both languages.
    Kindly move the Home menu items to the Main menu.
    Now create one Home menu for EN and one for GR language menu.
    Maybe this tutorial helps you.

Regards

archaggelos Friend

Ok i managed to do some progress, language bar is working have to choices Greek and Engish.

When i press on English everything is perfect but when i pressed on Greek main menu is vanished.

I tried to fix it without success. Do you know what is wrong this time?

Thank you

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    You have to create separate template style for each language so you can choose different language menu for it.
    Open template manager > select the template style that you used for the EN menu items.
    Duplicate it.
    Now open it > navigation > select the GR Megamenu in this. Assign this to GR Menu items.

Regards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 6 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum