Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi, i bought a JA University template, and I see the sample has a language switcher… But when I try to use it, is disabled (locked) (Extensions: Manage) I check the help label and I can see the switcher exist:

1. Language Switcher Module Position: languageswitcherload Module Suffix: NOT USED

The instructions say this is in "Module Manager: Module Language Switcher" but I don’t have a Module manager in my page!!!! What can I do about…?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Module manager refer you to the Joomla > Extension > Manage tab . You can see the module in that tab .
    if there is something else that i am not able to notice in your first post kindly provide some more details with screenshot of issue , so i can assist you better .
    If possible edit your first thread and submit your site super user details for JA Staff/Mods .

csaidon Friend

Thank you for your response…

My steps were:
    I enabled The plugin ‘System – Language Filter’
    (But the Language Switcher module is still Protected Extension) (see image 1)

I went to https://www.joomlart.com/documentation/joomla-templates/ja-university-t3 (5. Language Switcher. Module Position: languageswitcherload
    Module Suffix: NOT USED) and I have clicked the link to see the backend image… (https://static.joomlart.com/images/userguide/ja_templates/ja-university-t3/extensions/languageswitcher-backend.png)
    In this sample (see image 2), the header is "Module Manager: Module Language Switcher", but I don’t have an option "module manager" in my backend menu…
    I went to Extensions > Manage and I see the image #3 attached…

Best regards!!!! And thanks again…

1. image1
    2. image2
    3. image3
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    The system plugin are protected and u can not disable them from the Manage tab .
    Go to Extension > Plugin . There u can see the language switcher plugin and u can open it and manage it .
    protected does not affect its same for everyone and part of Jooma .
    To publish module on front end enable the language switch. module as in your screenshot .

csaidon Friend

Thank you, Pankaj… I can see the module in extensions > manage, is true… But I cannot open it. I don’t know if for the protected extension or why… The tutorial say that the language switcher should be in " Module Position: languageswitcherload", but I don’t have this item in my Module position drop down menu… I cannot open the module and I cannot use it… Any idea?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Kindly edit your first post and submit your site super user details for Mods/Staff .
    In the doc its process given how to publish the module . You need to create module and then publishe it on languageswitcherload module .

csaidon Friend

OK… I’ll Try…

Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  csaidon 8 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum