Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I am running Joomla in the German version. Most parts of Teline II Template are translated, including “login” and “sign up” in the top right corner (highslide). The word “Search” though is still English. Where can I translate it into German? I tried the search module, but it does not work. I have all the German language files installed.

Sherlock Friend

Hi.
    Plz edit default.php(templatesja_teline_iihtmlmod_search)
    Search those lines(~line 4)

<a href="<?php echo JRoute::_("index.php?option=com_search");?>" onclick="return hs.htmlExpand(this, { contentId: 'id_highslide_search', outlineType : 'rounded-white', outlineWhileAnimating : true, width : 230} )" class="highslide">
    Search
    </a>

Change to

<a href="<?php echo JRoute::_("index.php?option=com_search");?>" onclick="return hs.htmlExpand(this, { contentId: 'id_highslide_search', outlineType : 'rounded-white', outlineWhileAnimating : true, width : 230} )" class="highslide">
    <?php echo JText::_( 'SEARCH' ); ?>
    </a>

oigroig Friend

thank you for your reply, I managed to translate most of the words in the highslide section. the only sentence which is still English is “Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.” if you click on “register”. where can I change this?

peterkr Friend

Hi oigroig,

I’ve copied and translated (and added some rules) in the “en-GB.tpl_ja_teline_ii.ini” file in the language folder. This seems to work with the Registration form, but still leaves some language issues, such as the MOVE & CLOSE text, and the DATE-Format in the header.

Peter

oigroig Friend

thank you, peter, for your answer. could you please tell me exactly which rules you added? just translating the file you indicated does not work in my case. but I’ve managed to translate the MOVE &CLOSE text. you can do this in templates/ja_teline_ii/html/mod_login/default.php. the date format in the header can be changed in templates/ja_teline_ii/index.php.

peterkr Friend

thanks; in my case two labels (“Name” and “Verify Password”) in the Registration-form didn’t react to the Dutch localization settings. I’ve added them as rules in both language/template.ini files.

davilico Friend

I have similar problems with pathway home, that appears in english not in spanish.

And insiede ja_news the “MORE” indication still imn english.

my demo site is http://www.24fm.es/index.php

Thanks.

radimir01 Friend

<em>@nguoiabcd 50253 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi.
    Plz edit default.php(templatesja_teline_iihtmlmod_search)
    Search those lines(~line 4)

Search
    </a>

Change to

<?php echo JText::_( 'SEARCH' ); ?>
    </a>

</blockquote>
    Thank YOU very much man 🙂
    But I take in another way with this problem, I’m translate original english file, after translate all mod. is work corectly 😎
    Thank YOU !

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  radimir01 16 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum