Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

I am so excited today to know that Jomla 1.5 has been released, this great news has been long expected by all of us. And JA is proud to be part of this big event

<blockquote>
    Congratulations to JoomlArt

There is one other very special announcement we want to make. Last fall, Joomla! announced a Template Contest and called out to community designers requesting submissions from anyone interested. There were nearly 30 templates submitted that are now available for the community’s use.

Early in January, the five finalists were announced and the community was invited to select their favourite template. Over 50% of the votes went to JA Purity, a template developed by JoomlArt.

Thanks to each of you for entering the contest and for freely sharing your work. Special congratulations to JoomlArt for this amazing submission. To see the templates, visit the Joomla! 1.5 Template Contest board.

</blockquote>

Menalto Friend

This was great news:)

kicr Friend

Yeah, very great news. Hung, how will be the roadmap from you and your team for making older templates compatible with J!1.5?

Hung Dinh Friend

Hi Kicr,
    Thanks for asking because we will have to make it clear as well

All JA templates will be one-by-one converted into Joomla 1.5 compatible, the newer one will be converted first.

The conversion work has been began and I think we can finish all templates in 1 or 2 months.

mfcphil Friend

Will there be a tutorial to show how to make the step up to the 1.5 😀

kicr Friend

Hi Hung,

thanks for your quick answer. And it would be nice if JA corrects the bugs which are already solved in the forum while reworking the templates.

Best regards
    KiCR

vince2 Friend

<em>@Hung Dinh 37629 wrote:</em><blockquote>All JA templates will be one-by-one converted into Joomla 1.5 compatible, the newer one will be converted first.

The conversion work has been began and I think we can finish all templates in 1 or 2 months.</blockquote>This is great news.

JA has a wonderful opportunity to leverage the popularity and success of Joomla for the benefit of all its members.

Hope we can all come together as a community to help make this happen. 😀

bigrk Friend

After waiting a year for Joomla 1.5 Stable I guess I can wait two more months to convert my existing Teline site. I hope that the new version of JA News will be compatible to J1.5 and allow the use of RSS, SEF and SEO or all will be lost to some new template. I have about 400 pages on my existing site and will probably almost double by the time you get to the Teline template. Please make the upgrade path smooth and easy to do.

teetide Friend

Teline is by far JA’s most popular template. As such, it should be the first template converted to 1.5.

Now would be a great time to produce Teline II in a 1.5 version.

bigrk Friend

<em>@TeeTide 37649 wrote:</em><blockquote>Teline is by far JA’s most popular template. As such, it should be the first template converted to 1.5.

Now would be a great time to produce Teline II in a 1.5 version.</blockquote>

Hear! Hear!

stevebab Friend

I have been feverishly working on a 1.5 project, awaiting news of the stable release. imagine my delight this morning when I saw the announcement — followed by the news about my favorite template shop.

You guys are terrific. Keep it up — I refer as many people as I can to your business.:cool:.

Michael Casha Friend

<em>@mfcphil 37633 wrote:</em><blockquote>Will there be a tutorial to show how to make the step up to the 1.5 :D</blockquote>
    I have already done that 🙂 http://www.miccas.net/dev/jquickstart/

bigrk Friend

<em>@MiCCAS 37663 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have already done that 🙂 http://www.miccas.net/dev/jquickstart/</blockquote>

Wow MiCCAS!! What a great resource! You have done an excellent service for the community by creating this site. Great Job! 😀

Michael Casha Friend

No worries, let me know if you have any other suggestions.

bigrk Friend

Will Do…as he salutes!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  bigrk 16 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum