Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    If you visit my site “jarmaq.com”,
    And try to enter the Forums page in the main menu, it takes you to the forum but without any style, try to refresh or click on the menu item (Forums) again and the style loads fine, only after send entry it loads.
    What is this?
    I need help to fix it.
    Thanks a lot !

Saguaros Moderator

Hi s4reea,

The first time I’ve seen this issue, did you try to switch default template to another standard template and check this issue again. This will help to locate where the issue comes from.

s4reea Friend

Do you mean Kunena template?
    I tried to change it to the default one and problem still remains.
    Thanks

Saguaros Moderator

Also try to change default template – JA Smashboard to another default template of Joomla like Bee, if problem still persists then there maybe something wrong with Kunena component you’re using.

s4reea Friend

So strange,
    i already uninstalled all other templates for security reasons…
    I tried to install back Purity, and my site started showing the problem that T3 Framework must be installed. I uninstalled purity and every thing went to normal, except the problem of kunena…
    What can i do?

EDIT: I tried to install t3 blank template and it worked fine, i kept it so you can see it is working.
    And the style problem isn’t there. I guess it is a problem with Smashboard then.

Adam Friend

I had this problem and turned off a script compression extension i had downloaded. That worked.

s4reea Friend

Thank you adam, but this problem doesn’t exist in the T3 blank template, so i guess the installed components are good but i will try it and update here if anything changes… Are you sure you had the same problem? and it didn’t appear in another template?
    Thanks a lot

Edit: i scanned my plugins, i didn’t find anything that compresses…
    I only got “System – jQuery Easy” plugin in this category and it doesn’t compress.

Saguaros Moderator

Could you pm me admin and ftp account of your site for further checking?

s4reea Friend

Sent,
    Thanks

Edit: i figured out if you visit the direct link http://jarmaq.com/index.php/forum/index it loads fine.
    But if you load it from the menu it doesn’t load the css at first entry, you have to click again or refresh the page.

Saguaros Moderator

This due to ajax used in this template while you set the menu item type for the Forum menu is Menu Item Alias which is not ideal since it doesn’t support to add page class.

Hence, my suggestion here is change the menu item type for this Forum menu to another type of Kunena and in advanced options of this menu > Page Display Options > Page Class > add ‘noajax‘ class into it.

Please have a look at this and let me know if it’s fine 🙂

s4reea Friend

Great !
    Thanks a lot !

ellexx Friend

Hey, I think I have the same problem – and tried to add noajax in the page class for the menu items as: noajax body-bg body-bg-2
    That didn’t solve the issue and I have other issues with Kunena forum on this template. Will explain fully 🙂

Issue One: I have body-bg2 set in the menu item for my kunena page. If I enter my site: http://divine-retribution.eu/j31 and click immediately on Forums in the menu – I get the bg2 background behind Kunena. However, the menu within Kunena is not displayed properly in its tabs (Index/recent topics/etc) Also the mouse scroll is incredibly slow.

If I refresh the page, it loads the kunena menu in tabs perfectly, but selects the default pink background – which I do not want. The scroll also works properly.

From the bg2 background (the blue one) if I don’t bother refreshing, but simply click on the Recruitment category there – it takes me to a pink background again.

If I click on a link from one of the newsposts in Weekly Updates – it takes me to the correct forum post, but also with a pink background.
    How do I fix this so that if i refresh or go to any forum page, it is always on the blue – bg2 background?

Issue 2: When I am on the Forum page and I scroll down to read all the categories, the site logo to the top right of the page also scrolls with me, overlaying the forum – if you re not logged in, you cant see all the categories this is obscuring, but you can get an idea simply from how it overlays the very top. How can I stop this happening>?

Thanks in advance for any help!

phong nam Friend

Hi ellexx,

On 1st issue, can you put the bg-2 background (blue one) in the Page Class of Forum menu item (com_kunena) again ? I will back to check and give you any suggestions on this issue then.

For 2nd issue, you can try to create a custom.css at templates/ja_smashboard/css/ path, and put below overridden css styles into:

.com_kunena .t3-mainbody {
    z-index: 9999;
    }

ellexx Friend

Thanks for the reply Leo.

Have done both as you suggested. Still having the same problems if you hop between menus/refresh for the first problem.

I notice that I only get the blue background and the Kunena Menu is wrong on:
    /j31/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=home&defaultmenu=47&Itemid=281
    and if I refresh the page loads:
    /j31/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=category&Itemid=235&layout=list
    and then I get the default background BUT the Kunena menu works

The second issue with putting a custom.css file in – perfect!! Thanks so much !

Ellz

phong nam Friend

Hi Ellz,

<blockquote> the site logo to the top right of the page also scrolls with me, overlaying the forum </blockquote>
    I saw the 2nd issue was resolved with my give overridden css styles, is it right ?

On the 1st issue, can you try to add the body bg-2 to Page class option in Forum menu item’s backend again as I mentioned ?
    I will help to check what is wrong with that menu item’s background. Or, it will be better if you can send me PM with the website’s credentials, so i can check out both menu item settings more easily.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  ellexx 10 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum