Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hi Ja Staff,

Wenn will the templates be updated to support the latest kunena version that was released very recently?

I would like to know a time span for this.

Will also be available to test this since i have it running on a live website with 650+ users and 24K posts. Just let me know if you would want this.

Kind regards,

Tom

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi Tom,

Kunena 4.x testing has been lined up in the backlog last week and based on the bugs and tasks required, we will update our templates. As you asked this question in the playmag forum, I will ask them to put playmag update on priority. They would be checking first on T3 blank (framework) and Purity III

Hard to give timeframe at this stage, it all depends on the changes in the Kunena 4.x but once its fixed for the T3 blank, it should not be time consuming for rolling it out for other templates.

Regards

Arvind

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi Tom,

Kunena 4.x testing has been lined up in the backlog last week and based on the bugs and tasks required, we will update our templates. As you asked this question in the playmag forum, I will ask them to put playmag update on priority. They would be checking first on T3 blank (framework) and Purity III

Hard to give timeframe at this stage, it all depends on the changes in the Kunena 4.x but once its fixed for the T3 blank, it should not be time consuming for rolling it out for other templates.

Regards

Arvind

tom_laan84 Friend

Thanks for the info.

tom_laan84 Friend

Thanks for the info.

splico123 Friend

Kunena is out of testing, is there setting in uber template to actctivate style, or template skin for forums? Pls help out, since we want to use kunena 4 with uber template.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi guys,

Kunena 4 testing and upgrade tasks have been initiated and have requested to put PlayMag and Uber upgrade for Kunena on priority.

PlayMag update should be available by this weekend.
    @splico123 , In Uber we only provide compatibility for Kunena and team would be testing out Kunena 4 for Uber and apply fixes if required. We do not have special theme for Kunena in Uber and it should work well with kunena default theme.

Regards

Arvind

splico123 Friend

probably an idea for next uber theme, to have template included for kunena too..

aredman Friend

So I’ve just installed Kunena 4.0.5 and I receive the following error:

Error
    File template.xml missing in template archive, cannot install this template

Thoughts?

aredman Friend

So I’ve just installed Kunena 4.0.5 and I receive the following error:

Error
    File template.xml missing in template archive, cannot install this template

Thoughts?

Saguaros Moderator

It’s weird, I’m wondering this error appears when you install Kunena or install our template?

If this occurs when you install template, you might not select the correct zip file of template to install. You need to make sure the package is unzipped. When you download the complete package from JA it contains a number of files. The quickstart is a complete Joomla install and cannot be installed onto an existing install. Then in the package you will find a number of other folders. (Plugins, Modules, Components and Templates, ignore the source folder and only use the quickstart folder if you want a complete new install). Each of thise folders will contain 1 or more zip files and it is only those that can be installed one by one via the normal Joomla installer.

I just also tried to install Kunena 4.0.5 into local site – with quickstart installation of JA Playmag, and it’s installed successfully: http://prntscr.com/8au1im

Saguaros Moderator

It’s weird, I’m wondering this error appears when you install Kunena or install our template?

If this occurs when you install template, you might not select the correct zip file of template to install. You need to make sure the package is unzipped. When you download the complete package from JA it contains a number of files. The quickstart is a complete Joomla install and cannot be installed onto an existing install. Then in the package you will find a number of other folders. (Plugins, Modules, Components and Templates, ignore the source folder and only use the quickstart folder if you want a complete new install). Each of thise folders will contain 1 or more zip files and it is only those that can be installed one by one via the normal Joomla installer.

I just also tried to install Kunena 4.0.5 into local site – with quickstart installation of JA Playmag, and it’s installed successfully: http://prntscr.com/8au1im

aredman Friend

Thanks very much for the reply. The issue is strictly after installing Kunena (as I built the site from scratch and then installed all the playmag components, etc.), when trying to install the customer K template it fails. I’ve deleted K again and tried, but same result.

Resolution for me was just accomplished by extracting the custom template and SCP’ing the directory (zipped) to the /public_html/my-domain/components/com_kunena/template directory. There may be other resolutions, but this worked for me.

Thanks!

aredman Friend

Thanks very much for the reply. The issue is strictly after installing Kunena (as I built the site from scratch and then installed all the playmag components, etc.), when trying to install the customer K template it fails. I’ve deleted K again and tried, but same result.

Resolution for me was just accomplished by extracting the custom template and SCP’ing the directory (zipped) to the /public_html/my-domain/components/com_kunena/template directory. There may be other resolutions, but this worked for me.

Thanks!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  aredman 8 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum