Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    I am trying to Edit the K2 User Page to be available for all members to see their own info and posts (specially the info, for the time being i care more about a user profile page or user info listing).
    How is it possible to do it with K2 ? Why can’t the “K2 User blog” menu item suffice for this need?

Another question: how do i make new registrations to go to K2 component ? I see no ” Registration” menu item under K2 while creating a new menu item.

Thanks a lot

phong nam Friend

Hi s4reea,

In order to enable the K2 user page to all members (Registered users), you need to do the below steps:

– Go to Plugin Manager >> Enable User – K2 plugin.
    – Go to administration >> Components >> K2 >> Parameters >> Advanced >> Set Yes to Enable K2 User Profile
    – Make sure that each K2 user account is fulfiled with his/her description.

<blockquote>Why can’t the “K2 User blog” menu item suffice for this need?</blockquote>
    Yes. You can do it. But you will need to create each separate K2 User page menu item for each member. Instead that, on the overriden itemlist layout on our JA Smasboard template, we do adjust to show both K2 user’s info and their created items so that you don’t need to create K2 User page menu items.

K2 component doesn’t suppor support the K2 registration menu type, so that in this case i suggest you 2 solutions:

– Create a K2 user module at login position and create a custom.css file in templates/ja_smashboard/css/ , then put below codes into:

div.k2LoginBlock ul li a {
    background: none !important;
    font-size: 12px !important;
    width: auto !important;
    color: black !important;
    height: 15px !important;
    }

div.k2LoginBlock ul li a:hover {
    color: blue !important;
    }

In the layout of this module will include the Create an account link for user to register.

– Create a External Url menu item, then put registration link into Link option.
    Indeed, K2 User and Jooma Login module use the same registration form of Joomla User component (com_users) which just needs to be enabled by creating a Registration Form menu item.

s4reea Friend

Thanks a lot for your help ! I just figured thanks to you that what i already have is sufficient to me, and i didn’t realize it because i am new to K2.
    Now i know a little bit more on how K2 functions….
    One last question, why would it be better to enable K2 user module instead of The normal joomla Login module, is there a core reason for it to be better ? (reasons other than the functionality it adds to the front-end…)

How can i translate the module titles ? I enabled it and still the other 3 links (register,resert…) are not shown correctly, you can see it here jarmaq.com.
    Thanks !

phong nam Friend

Hi,

It will be more unified with K2 user module because you are using the K2 component to control the K2 user’s profile and their created items.

<blockquote>I enabled it and still the other 3 links (register,resert…) are not shown correctly</blockquote>
    As i mentioned above, you can try to create a custom.css file in templates/ja_smashboard/css/ , then put below codes into:

div.k2LoginBlock ul li a {
    width: auto !important;
    color: black !important;
    height: 15px !important;
    }

div.k2LoginBlock ul li a:hover {
    color: blue !important;
    }

In order to translate the titles, you can open /language/en-GB/en-GB.mod_k2_user.ini file, then find lines:

K2_FORGOT_YOUR_PASSWORD=”Forgot your password?”
    K2_FORGOT_YOUR_USERNAME=”Forgot your username?”
    K2_CREATE_AN_ACCOUNT=”Create an account”

>> Change to your language texts.

s4reea Friend

Thanks a lot !
    Is it possible to make the module to look exactly like the Joomla login module here (the arabic demo) ?
    http://joomla30-templates.joomlart.com/ja_smashboard/index.php/ar/registration-ar

I mean this by the lock image near the password bar and human little image near the username bar…
    And the arrow near ( register a new account)

One more thing: after i login, i still see links that are only dotted:

Thanks a lot

1. Capture
    phong nam Friend

Hi,

You can refer our default backend settings of Registration menu item to get your requirement at http://static.joomlart.com/images/userguide/ja_templates/ja_smashboard/registration.jpg

Note: Remember to leave a space before “noajax” text in Page class option.

In order to hide the dots, you can put below codes into custom.css file (like in above reply):

/*Hide the dots in K2 users logout*/
    .k2UserBlock ul.k2UserBlockActions li {
    display: none;
    }

.k2UserBlock form {
    margin: 25px 0 0px;
    }

s4reea Friend

Thanks a lot for your help,
    But it didn’t help me much.
    The first thing i asked was about the login module not the registration (or i guess i didn’t understand your answer because my lack of knowledge ).

The second issue (the dots): i don’t want to hide them, i want them to be shown as links or buttons… And how can i add more buttons to the k2 user module like “add k2 item” or more,
    because all i see after i log in is the 2 dots and both are linked to:
    1. index.php/component/k2/itemlist/user/21-super-user
    2. index.php/your-profile/profile?layout=edit

I hope you help.
    Thanks again !
    I really appreciate it.

phong nam Friend

Hi,

Your question was:
    <blockquote>Is it possible to make the module to look exactly like the Joomla login module here (the arabic demo) ?
    http://joomla30-templates.joomlart.com/ja_smashboard/index.php/ar/registration-ar</blockquote>

This is a registration form, not Login module 🙂 . In addition, as i mentioned on the previous replies, both K2 user and Joomla login module uses the same registration form so that you just need to create a menu item (Registration type) to make the registration layout can be displayed.

On the second issue with dots and add new link, i think we can get it by customizing the K2 user module file a little bit. But, I need some times to test the result before guiding you, i will reply you again with detailed steps tomorrow morning. Is it fine, s4reea ?

s4reea Friend

It is totally fine ! Great also, you are helping me a lot.
    I mistakenly pointed to the registration page instead of the main page, the log in module there is a widget on all the pages, thats what i meant, sorry for not being clear about this, my mistake.
    This is what i meant:

Thanks alot

1. Capture
    phong nam Friend

Hi s4reea,

You can try to follow these steps:

– Backup your modulesmod_k2_usertmpllogin.php file, then replace it with my attached file.
    – Put below css styles into templates/ja_smashboard/css/custom.css file:

/*Show the links when user logged in*/
    .head-social ul.btn-social li.dropdown.open a {
    }

.k2UserBlock ul.k2UserBlockActions li a {
    display: block !important;
    }

/*Show the widgets*/
    div.k2LoginBlock fieldset.input p input {
    display: inline-block;
    float: left;
    }

.k2LoginBlock .add-on {
    display: inline;
    width: 30px;
    height: 20px;
    min-width: 16px;
    font-size: 14px;
    font-weight: normal;
    line-height: 20px;
    text-align: center;
    text-shadow: 0 1px 0 #fff;
    background-color: #eee;
    border: 1px solid #ccc;
    padding: 0 9px 10px 8px;
    border-radius: 4px;
    }

input, textarea {
    width: 200px;
    }

Note: Remember to clear these css styles that I suggested:

/*Hide the dots in K2 users logout*/
    .k2UserBlock ul.k2UserBlockActions li {
    display: none;
    }

.k2UserBlock form {
    margin: 25px 0 0px;
    }

1. login.zip
    s4reea Friend

Thanks for your work,
    I am sorry for asking an unnecessary work, i have no problem also to leave it like it was…
    I implemented what you said, you can see how it is here:
    http://jarmaq.com/

phong nam Friend

Hi mate,

Is it ok ?

s4reea Friend

It doesn’t look like the one i posted in a pic, but never mind i will leave this modification for now…
    I will restore the backup 🙂
    Thanks a lot for the help !
    Really 🙂

phong nam Friend

Hi,

No matter, s4reea 🙂

skillfulken Friend

Hi Leo

I have created a customized registration form and would like to override the original form. How can I replaced the link of ‘Create an account’ in the login form (the green arrow) ? Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  skillfulken 10 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum