Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello, where is the ja blaze theme for k2 article items located?

Manos Moderator

Hi,

Only for J1.5.x version as you can see on our quick start or even at demo server!

Regards

Manos

luthien Friend

wow, thanks for the quick reply. Can I use the k2 theme from J1.5 for J1.7?

TomC Moderator

<em>@luthien 270443 wrote:</em><blockquote>wow, thanks for the quick reply. Can I use the k2 theme from J1.5 for J1.7?</blockquote>
    At this time, the developers of K2 – Joomlaworks – have not yet released their stable version of K2 for J1.7

There is an K2 RC (release candidate) for J1.7, but neither I nor JA can guarantee it’s complete compatibility at this time.

Further, even if you were to successfully integrate the latest K2 RC into your J1.7 based site, you would need to customize the themes on your own.

tfosnom Friend

HI Tom
    Noticed this thread and have a question on K2 you may like to answer seeing you use and know it. I see K2 as a layout manager for articles adding functionality to 1.5 that’s not available. But doesn’t J.1.7 have enhanced core features that make K2 largely unnecessary ?

I’m wondering if there is a need to investigate and learn to use it, that’s why I ask here.
    Blessings Shane

TomC Moderator

With some of the upgrades to J1.7, some of the functionality of K2 is not necessarily needed – you are correct.

In my opinion, the value of K2 – and other similar CCK (content creation kits) – is in the ability to create custom content that is otherwise not readily available within the core Joomla functionality (at the time). As such, it would behoove one to review the relative abilities of K2 (in relation to what one needs/wants to accomplish) against the abilities of the platform version of Joomla one is utilizing – to see, as you point out, if there is a need to utilize K2 at all.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 12 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum