Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hi i Tried to override the com_k2 in the local html folder and it will not override the regular html template folder. Not sure what this is not working? I am on the newest version of uber and the t3 system plugin 2.5.0. How can I get this to work? It worked in the past but it has just stopped working?

Thanks,

Josh

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    You can work under templates/<template>/html/

Please check Joomla! layout override document for detail.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    You can work under templates/<template>/html/

Please check Joomla! layout override document for detail.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

jschroeder Friend

I do realize that, but why am I not able to them override in the local folder. I like to be consistent when I make overrides and put all of my overrides inside of my local folder. Is there anyway to fix this?

jschroeder Friend

I do realize that, but why am I not able to them override in the local folder. I like to be consistent when I make overrides and put all of my overrides inside of my local folder. Is there anyway to fix this?

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    I’m confusing what want to do ?
    Does /html/com_k2 works at your side ? If not please provide your site backend & CPanel access. I’ll help you check that.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    I’m confusing what want to do ?
    Does /html/com_k2 works at your side ? If not please provide your site backend & CPanel access. I’ll help you check that.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

jschroeder Friend

This is happening on all sites using the t3 framework I have so it has to be a problem with the t3 plugin itself. If I upload for example templates/uber/html/com_k2/default it works, but then If I try to override this in templates/uber/local/html/com_k2/default it does not work.

If I do this same thing with mod_footer for example it will override in the local folder but some some reason com_k2 will not override in the local folder.

jschroeder Friend

This is happening on all sites using the t3 framework I have so it has to be a problem with the t3 plugin itself. If I upload for example templates/uber/html/com_k2/default it works, but then If I try to override this in templates/uber/local/html/com_k2/default it does not work.

If I do this same thing with mod_footer for example it will override in the local folder but some some reason com_k2 will not override in the local folder.

jooservices Friend

Hi there,
    Please work with templates/<template/html/ instead. It’s standard concept of Joomla!

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

jooservices Friend

Hi there,
    Please work with templates/<template/html/ instead. It’s standard concept of Joomla!

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

jschroeder Friend

I understand what you are saying, but if I were to for example use the JA Social II which is built for k2 and I wanted to override the com_k2 that was already in the html folder it could get overridden when I updated the template. From my understanding this is the whole point of the local folder is because updates do not affect the changes then.

jschroeder Friend

I understand what you are saying, but if I were to for example use the JA Social II which is built for k2 and I wanted to override the com_k2 that was already in the html folder it could get overridden when I updated the template. From my understanding this is the whole point of the local folder is because updates do not affect the changes then.

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    # K2 use template instead default Joomla! MVC. You can’t apply this case for T3 local
    # Instead of that, you can create forked template and use it

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jooservices 8 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum