Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

I would like to start a new project with JA Charity. I like the design quite much and it would perfectly fit my purposes. However, I have grown accustomed to using K2 for several years now as it vastly surpasses com_content in capabilities. Unfortunately, it seems as if Joomlart has dropped support for K2 in all of its recent templates.

Are you by any chance planning to add support for K2 to this otherwise wonderful template in the future? Or is there an easy way to add the necessary css-styles myself?

Thanks in advance for considering to bring back support for K2!

Best regards

mjmo

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi mjmo,

Thank you for your contacting us.

JA Charity template does not support the css style of K2 by default but you can use K2 component with normal style from K2 default in this case.

All features and functional in K2 component can work on our template.

Regards

mjmo Friend

Hi Ninja Lead,

thanks for your quick response.

I am aware of the fact that K2 is fully functional on this template with its own default stylesheet. I was, however, hoping that Joomlart would bring back css-support for K2 or that you could give me some advice on how to apply the template’s style to K2 myself. I like the template’s design quite much. However, com_content is lacking many of K2’s functionalities that I have grown accustomed to, such as easy integration of social-buttons, related articles, popup pictures in articles, tag clouds, etc…

Is there a specific reason why Joomlart dropped native support for K2 lately? In my opinion, com_content is nowhere near K2 in terms of functionality an ease of use. Until now, K2 support as one of the main reasons, why I loved your templates so much – and JA Uber as well as JA Charity would be even more perfect if they had built in support for K2’s style.

Best regards

mjmo

Ninja Lead Moderator

We don’t drop support for K2 entirely, there are still some templates supporting style for K2 in this year, we want to implement some new extension like K2 but with better support.

I will pass this to the team for further consideration on this.

mjmo Friend

Hi Ninja Lead,

thanks for your clarifications and for forwarding this to your team.

I’d be happy if Joomlart decided to support K2 styles again – at least in templates that are predestined for blogging.

Best regards

mjmo

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mjmo 8 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum