Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

k2 support?

Phill Moderator

There is no specific K2 designs with this template but K2 will work as will any other Joomla extension. Out of the box it has some fantastic styling for Joomshopping and Easyblog.

ilet Friend

would the home page work with K2? the grid with flip information.

ilet Friend

nvm, it won’t

ilet Friend

could have been great if blog posts also showed in home page, but they don’t. If your gonna pay to use Easyblog, you’d want to use some module in the homepage for it.

Richard A Friend

Excellent point

kjlarski JATC

Hi Joomlart-

Fixel looks AWESOME. I have a JA Wall subscription and am contemplating purchasing a general JA subscription simply to use Fixel. My question is related to the above – is there any way to show the EasyBlog articles on the home page grid view? In the demo, just looks like the articles are J-pages content.

Thanks!
    Kevin

jtester Friend

“is there any way to show the EasyBlog articles on the home page grid view? In the demo, just looks like the articles are J-pages content.”

Good idea!!

Richard A Friend

Definitely a required option!

I requested Joomlart should allow selection of EasyBlog categories/tags in another thread and believe it is on their ‘to do’ list for August, but am not sure how close to ‘live’ it actually is.

It seems perfectly logical, if including a third party blog component in a template and suggesting it will be a long term part of future templates, that content from the blog should be able to appear in the rest of the template through Joomlart modules.

It is standard practice with K2 and if EasyBlog is to replace K2 in templates logic suggests it should be standard practice with EasyBlog as well.

They are looking at it, perhaps we should be patient.

kjlarski JATC

I’ve always been quite surprised that templates don’t integrate with StackIdea’s components more (EasyBlog and EasyDiscuss). Their support is top-notch and their functionality is amazing. I’ve used their components for years and have always been really impressed. I’m excited about the potential of Joomlart incorporating more of their functionality in their templates. I think that Joomlart and Gavick are the strongest template providers out there, and whoever integrates best with StackIdea’s stuff will come out on top. Nice conversation thread here! 🙂

Richard A Friend

I agree with you 100%, Stackideas and Joomlart (or Gavick) is an excellent combination.

I switched to all Stackideas products last year (EasyBlog, EasyDiscuss, Komento), top quality in all departments and they are core for our website update on a Joomlart template. When EasySocial comes out in September (beta) it will be an exceptional mix of products and hopefully Joomlart will link to EasyBlog properly by then, in the same way as K2.

I would use JA Fixel today if EasyBlog categories and/or tags were integrated but there is little point having a blog in isolation from the rest of the site so I will wait.

I believe Joomlart would be light years ahead of anything else with integration to EasyBlog as a default option for anyone not wishing to use Joomla/K2 for articles.

Let’s see what happens!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Richard A 10 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum