Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Firstly, love the work you do! Amazing stuff.

Seems to me that JoomlArt favours K2 over Sobipro (the T3 template I downloaded came with K2 and I think I recall seeing links to K2 on the site).. I’ve set up a couple of sites using SobiPro (Joomla 2.5) and am about to set up a new JoomlArt site and wondering which one I should use. Am going to be using Joomla 3.1.1..

1. What are the pros and cons of using each (esp with JA Templates & framework)?

2. Also – is K2 free, or is it just the framework? If so, where do they make money ie. do I need to pay for modules?

P.S. Just noticed that SobiPro released a new Stable 1.1 version for Joomla 3.1.1 – haven’t used it yet but apparently it’s faster, more powerful, looks better…

Saguaros Moderator

Thanks for your kind words, Davis.

K2 is powerful content extension for Joomla, it’s non-commercial component (some of its module/plugin you need to pay to use).

Some other also have the same concern with you but in my opinion there is really no right answer for this question because it depends on what features you need for your site.

We and some other brands use K2 over other content extension because of useful features it brings out such as: Import/export, built-in commenting system, resizeable images, tags, social sharing, extra fields, … and for each JA template K2 is used, we provide additional style for K2 item / category pages along with default style of K2.

You can give it a try and make comparison and for SobiPro, I’ve never used it but will pass to template team for further consideration

Regards

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 10 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum