Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

On my homepage I have the menu type as “K2 ยป Latest items from (one or more) users or categories”.
    Those show up fine.
    However if you click one of these items to read more, it does not attach the itemID, therefore the modules do not show up on the full article page.

If you navigate to the same page using the main menu, it attaches the itemID and the modules show up.

Here is the link from the homepage:
    …index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=533:first-thursday-june-6th
    Here is the link to the same item from my main navigation:
    …index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=533:first-thursday-june-6th&Itemid=573

Notice that the trailing itemID is missing from the link to the item from the homepage. This means the modules will not show up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

pixelperfect Friend

Checking back in. Anyone know how to pass the itemID into the K2 items from the home page?

Saguaros Moderator

Hi pixelperfect,

When I try to access an item from main menu > Things To Do > Arts & Culture, the link still include the ItemID:

………..index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=455:crystal-bridges-museum&Itemid=564

๐Ÿ™‚

pixelperfect Friend

Saguarsos,
    Thanks for the reply, however if you note my original post, the problem only happens when you click on a K2 item from the home page. All the menu items work. I think I figured out a workaround. If anyone has the same problem, here is what I came up with…

The issue is that I have assigned K2 items from multiple categories to appear on the home page. The root of the problem is that there is not a menu item created for these categories, so when a user clicks on the Read More button, it is not passing the itemID and therefore when the page loads no modules are associated to it. I had to go in and create hidden menu items in the main menu, then associate my modules to them so that when you click on the read more button the modules will appear on the page now.

Saguaros Moderator

Thanks for sharing ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 10 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum