Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I got extremely happy when I found your component because I thought that my prayers are answered but it seems that I misunderstood some things a little bit. I wanted to clarify these things here.

I was hoping that I will be able to create k2 item associations for front end as well, not just to make my life easier in managing multiple languages in back end. For example, when you view k2 item in one language and then decide to switch to another language you get redirected to the same item in other language

Maybe this is possible, but I just did something wrong? Fingers crossed.

Ninja Lead Moderator

You can follow the user guide for reference here first and then you can let me know if you need any further assistance.

wonderland Friend

Thank you for replying.

I did read through the documentation, but it didn’t exactly answer my question.

I see that there are K2 item associations in the back end. But even after following the documentation, it doesn’t seem that this will work the way I was hoping to.

In front end, when I’m viewing K2 item, if I decide to switch language with Language switcher module, I don’t get redirected to the same K2 item in other language, instead I get redirected to category root. Although the item association is there in the back end.

Ninja Lead Moderator

The feature of your expectation does not work as an association-type display where each K2 item with each language, you can check it from demo multilingual

axel11 Friend

Thank you for replying.

Have you resolved the issue?

axel11 Friend

Hi, sorry me again.
    I got another question because my english is not the best and i dont understand the whole answer. Is it possible, that when a german k2 item is displayed, i click on the language switcher, the english k2 item gets displayed. I can see the correct associations in the "Assosciation Manager", but i got rederected back to the english k2 category of the item.
    Is this normal? Thats a lot!

Ninja Lead Moderator

Is this normal? Thats a lot!

The feature of your expectation does not work as an association-type display where each K2 item with each language, you can check it from demo multilingual

Yes, this is normal.

If you applied my solution above with Joomla 3.x, you could not switch to detail article from detail article from another language but you only do it if you create the menu item and Menu Item Type: Single Article and Association Manager with another menu item the same configuration.

axel11 Friend

Yes, this is normal.

If you applied my solution above with Joomla 3.x, you could not switch to detail article from detail article from another language but you only do it if you create the menu item and Menu Item Type: Single Article and Association Manager with another menu item the same configuration.

Hi, thats for your answer.
    I realy need an association between k2 items and i got too many items as that i could create a menu item for every k2 item.
    You got any idea, how i could solve my problem?
    Thank You a lot.

Ninja Lead Moderator

I think you should raise that request to K2 forum or Joomla forum, maybe you will get best answer from there.

axel11 Friend

I think you should raise that request to K2 forum or Joomla forum, maybe you will get best answer from there.

I did already, without success.
    When i thought i could do it with JA_Multilingual. When i go in its "Assosciation Manager" there i can see relations between the K2 items. But this doesnt work aktualliy. What are these relations for?

Ninja Lead Moderator

That is Joomla core to support about this and JA_Multilingual only helps you to translate the language on your site.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 8 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum