Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I develop all my websites with your amazing T3 framework. There’s only one thing I cannot figure out.

I use a lot of template overrides and subthemes on my projects. And for the content I always use the K2 extension for Joomla (which is great!).

But for the modules you need to edit the generic.php (found in components/com_k2/templates/generic.php). When you copy this file to your template/html/com_k2/generic.php and edit it there’s no problem with it! works great.

But when you move the generic.php to your template/themes/subtheme/html/com_k2/generic.php nothing happens when you edit it! Can you help me out on this one, it’s urgent!

Kind regards,

Wouter de Vries

Ninja Lead Moderator

I didn’t know what template you are using? I would need to take a closer look at your site.

Regarding K2 customization, you can get back to default (use default K2 component) by renaming all k2 folders on our template.

Ex:
    from
    <blockquote>templates/ja_your_template/html/com_k2
    templates/ja_your_template/html/mod_k2_content</blockquote>
    change to
    <blockquote>templates/ja_your_template/html/com_k2_override
    templates/ja_your_template/html/mod_k2_content_override</blockquote>

We are only customize structure html view layout on K2 component

Remember to clear cache from Admin area.

wnrdesign Friend

<em>@Ninja Lead 347470 wrote:</em><blockquote>I didn’t know what template you are using? I would need to take a closer look at your site.

Regarding K2 customization, you can get back to default (use default K2 component) by renaming all k2 folders on our template.

Ex:
    from

change to

We are only customize structure html view layout on K2 component

Remember to clear cache from Admin area.</blockquote>

I know how to override. But within one template based on the JAT3 I create subtemplates as described in your manual.

See attachment. The subtemplate override does not work!

1. screenshot
    Ninja Lead Moderator

I would need to take a closer look at your site. Please send pm me with URL, admin access and ftp account for further investigation. I will help you check it

Ninja Lead Moderator

I spent entire my time to check your customize on your site, JAT3 plugin framework could not support customize on special file(as php file) on themes folder(only support: css, image, xml file), look at on the link http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_T3_Framework_2/Guides#Different_block_styles or screenshot: http://wiki.joomlart.com/images/a/a5/Newfile.png

wnrdesign Friend

Ok, for my clearance. I can only override css and images with The subthemes?

Ninja Lead Moderator

You can only override on images and css folder on Theme of Template but not subtheme

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 11 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum