Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Is it not possible to allow the show only the upper sub-category without creating a menu for each category? This makes it in a very broad category tree impossible.

So it should be:

… Category 1 (Active category, so in you currently are)
    Subcategory 1 ……
    Subcategory 2 ……

So it is:

main Category
    Active … Category 1 Category)
    Subcategory 1 ……
    Subcategory 2 ……
    Category 2 …
    Subcategory 1 ……
    Subcategory 2 ……

I hope someone can help me.

arucardx Friend

You are talking about the categories in the sidebar? I’ll assume you are using joomla for the articles as well then.

This is controlled by a module called Categories in the sidebar position. In that module, under basic options, there’s a parameter “Maximum Level Depth”. The default is ALL, try changing it to 1 then it should just show 1 single level.

linkarea2012 Friend

First of all thank you for your quick response. Yes, just as they have described it I have only tested the shows he will still not be relevant to the topic of too many categories.

Is not it possible to display only the subcategories in which one finds oneself?

I have also tried to provide the links to the categories into a product only after it breaks then the first Link from the other links and shows not at all at first. Only when man goes to the article then it goes. But then wanted to show only the introduction text.

arucardx Friend

You completely lost me there. Your usage of english is quite… eccentric.

But i’m guessing what you want is say… somewhere on the page, you want to display the category or subcategory that the user is on? Then I think you are looking for a breadcrumb module.

For example:

Main Category -> Subcategory 1
    -> Subcategory 2
    -> Subcategory 3

It’s very hard to explain this or get what you want if you can’t explain yourself well here, or you don’t understand what you want. Perhaps if you can attach a drawing, it would be more obvious that you are trying to do =)

linkarea2012 Friend

Sorry, my English is very bad.

Editor:

Page Article:

Wanted the categories then just about the article link. But it shows only the first link. Can you tell me what it is?

1. editor
    2. page
    arucardx Friend

?? We are not talking about the sidebar? *scratch head* It’s very hard to imagine what you are trying to do still or rather it just got alot more confusing. What has the article editor got to do with menu items? @_@

linkarea2012 Friend

Sorry. It is a K2 items.

arucardx Friend

Sorry… would love to help you. But I really do not understand what you need >_<

Saguaros Moderator

I agree, too, please tell me which menu you want to have multiple category: the sidebar or main menu: http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/690/7177021666.png ?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 11 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum