Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Cannot get the layout grid to work, I want to have 2 columns on the homepage using the K2 category Welcome. I want to display the latest article from each of the (4) sub-categories in 2 columns so there is only 4 articles showing on homepage. 1 from each category

I tried everything and cannot get it to work, I am new to K2 but I have went through the tutorials from OS training and there is something wrong.

Template JA Minisite
    K2 V2.6.3
    Joomla V 2.5.9

Thanks

Saguaros Moderator

Hi billyray,

JA Minisite is based on JAT3 framework, this guide will help you more about the layout: http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_T3_Framework_2/Guides#Layouts

Please post the link from OS tranining here so that I can check for you.

billyray Friend

Here is the link it is not T3 related it is only a K2 video, In this video it appears they are displaying all articles from one single category, however when I used the prostar template in Joomla! it did work I am now thinking it could be a css issue with the template. I have since changed they setting so that it displays the (4) sub-category descriptions, but this is not what I want to do.

http://getk2.org/documentation/k2class2012/860-setting-up-a-basic-blog

Scroll to time 4:15 in the video

Thanks

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

Which version of this template are you using? We released new version of this template in Dec 2012 with updates for K2 component, backup your site and use our ja extension manager to update this template.

If you still cannot get 2 columns on the homepage using the K2 category, pm me admin account, I shall check for you.

billyray Friend

I added these lines in the k2.css template override and the columns now work.

div.itemList {
    }
    div#itemListPrimary {
    }

div.itemContainer {
    float: left;
    }

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  billyray 10 years, 12 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum