Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I am new to joomla! and CMSs. I am doing a site for a UK charity on a voluntary basis. If I find a simple template here I could persued them to purchase. I have several questions not seemingly answered elsewhere:

1. If i buy a template an my membership expires and then 6mths later I have a problem with the template (for whatever reason), how do I get support? And do I have to pay for it? The way I work would mean I would join just to buy one template.

2. If I buy a bunch of templates and take a while to use them, can I download a later version (membership expired) to cover any updates to a tempate?

3. I’ve read the terms and think I understand them.What’s the first line of defence for joomlart if I inadvertantly break the terms of the license?

4. I want a tableless template fully accessible for older people to use. It must be fairly simple with not too much detail. I see most of the templates are fairly crowded with modules, fine, but can they be reduced/removed from the page to leave a more sparse layout?

5. Can all html/css layouts have the color completly change (I want a pink/blue theme and am constrained to a certain extent by the custmer rules on logo use and colors?

6. I have Dreamweaver studio. Where can I find advice bout integrating these programs or are they redundant?

Thanks

Hung Dinh Friend

Dearm Mark,
    Thank you very much for your interest in our templates.
    Please find my answers as belows:

<blockquote>1. If i buy a template an my membership expires and then 6mths later I have a problem with the template (for whatever reason), how do I get support? And do I have to pay for it? The way I work would mean I would join just to buy one template.</blockquote>
    If you buy 6 months membership, you can download and get support during the paid 6 months. However, after 6 months you can not get access to support anymore, and if you want to be supported, you can renew your membership from your Member Area
    Why: It’s like you pay for a product and get support for a certain time, and when the support duration is over, you will need to pay for addtional support. However, the template itself is not that complicated and if you have successful installed and comstomized it, then it will be running fine forever.

<blockquote>2. If I buy a bunch of templates and take a while to use them, can I download a later version (membership expired) to cover any updates to a tempate?</blockquote>
    The templates will not have many version, we only provide 1 or 2 versions like Utahia and Utahia II within a short time (1 or 2 months) and updated version for Joomla 1.5
    So you will normally get the later version within your membership duration
    <blockquote>3. I’ve read the terms and think I understand them.What’s the first line of defence for joomlart if I inadvertantly break the terms of the license?</blockquote>
    We have a list of violated websites and this list will be published at JA or any other sites that we can.
    <blockquote>4. I want a tableless template fully accessible for older people to use. It must be fairly simple with not too much detail. I see most of the templates are fairly crowded with modules, fine, but can they be reduced/removed from the page to leave a more sparse layout?</blockquote>
    We have a layout variations (full width, left+main, right+main, without extra modules, with extra modules) at most of the template demo. You can see this yourself

<blockquote>5. Can all html/css layouts have the color completly change (I want a pink/blue theme and am constrained to a certain extent by the custmer rules on logo use and colors?</blockquote>
    Yes, you can do this with some basic CSS and HTML codes changes

<blockquote>6. I have Dreamweaver studio. Where can I find advice bout integrating these programs or are they redundant?</blockquote>
    They are not redundant but all other text editors can do the job as well.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Hung Dinh 17 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum