Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I’m trying to setup and add links to the read more in JSS but can’t figure out where those links should go. :-[
    Our URL is: http://www.hhinteligencia.com.br
    Once you enable it through module, links are not working.

Any tip?

Thanks guys

Regards,

Eduardo

instantinlaw Friend

Hello, I just took a look through the user guide here to see what JSS was and I didn’t see anything named JSS. Can you let me know what it is? If you are trying to add a read more link, you need to do it by clicking in the article where you want the read more button, and then clicking the read more button in your editor. A dotted red line will appear and the button will show up in the article in the front end. The position of the read more button in your editor depends on which editor you are using. If its Tinymce, then the button is at the bottom of the editor window. Here is a link to documentation for Tinymce editor
    Let me know if this answers your question.

epimazzo Friend

Hi Instantinlaw,

Actually JSS is the JA Slide Show. 😉 If you access the URL, I removed the read more link in the bottom of the box just because couldn’t figure out how to get it working pointing to an article. Is that what you suggested me? 🙂

Thanks

<em>@instantinlaw 295677 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello, I just took a look through the user guide here to see what JSS was and I didn’t see anything named JSS. Can you let me know what it is? If you are trying to add a read more link, you need to do it by clicking in the article where you want the read more button, and then clicking the read more button in your editor. A dotted red line will appear and the button will show up in the article.</blockquote>

instantinlaw Friend

Hello, the read more button will work in anything that requires you to input info into an editor window. If you manually add a link, you will need to style it using the templates typography style sheet. Check the typography page on the demo for info on how to do that. Once you add the read more button in the editor, it will automatically split the article and when you preview the button the front end and click it, it will take you to another page with the full article.
    Let me know if you have any problems

epimazzo Friend

Instantinlaw,

I’ll definitely need to add a link manually as the way module is setup, it loads and point to image folder. :-[ If I modify to articles, it will work as expected but I loose images I currently have as the slideshow. Can you give me details on how to add such links?

Thanks for it.

<em>@instantinlaw 295683 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello, the read more button will work in anything that requires you to input info into an editor window. If you manually add a link, you will need to style it using the templates typography style sheet. Check the typography page on the demo for info on how to do that. Once you add the read more button in the editor, it will automatically split the article and when you preview the button the front end and click it, it will take you to another page with the full article.
    Let me know if you have any problems</blockquote>

instantinlaw Friend

You would add a link to the article you want shown the same way you add any link. Then just apply the readmore class to the link. The way you do that depends on the editor you are using.

swissa Friend

Sorry for jumping in…

If you look in the Tiris Wiki they give a good overview on JSS

<h3>http://ibm.com</h3&gt;
    <p>In our company, our professionals are constantly trained and updated, covering a vast area of business in global financial markets.</p>

Make the url internal if you need to

<h3>index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=60&Itemid=100</h3>
    <p>Vestibulum mauris ut sed laoreet Nulla et molestie nisl. Ridiculus eu id pretium</p>

instantinlaw Friend

<em>@swissa 296361 wrote:</em><blockquote>Sorry for jumping in…

If you look in the Tiris Wiki they give a good overview on JSS

<h3>http://ibm.com</h3&gt;
    <p>In our company, our professionals are constantly trained and updated, covering a vast area of business in global financial markets.</p>

Make the url internal if you need to

<h3>index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=60&Itemid=100</h3>
    <p>Vestibulum mauris ut sed laoreet Nulla et molestie nisl. Ridiculus eu id pretium</p>
    </blockquote>By all means, jump in any time you have something usefull to add 🙂

epimazzo Friend

Thanks guys for these tips. 🙂 Nice contribution. I’ll have a look and see how it goes.

Cheers

wmwrick Friend

Hi All,

Sorry to ‘hijack’ but I’ve had no luck anywhere else… Any idea why my Slideshow link URL’s include ‘&amp’ not just the ‘&’ as entered in the config? The correct page will load, however the &amp” is stopping the Masshead banner from triggering?

Thanks!

Stork11 Friend

<em>@wmwrick 323414 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi All,

Sorry to ‘hijack’ but I’ve had no luck anywhere else… Any idea why my Slideshow link URL’s include ‘&’ not just the ‘&’ as entered in the config? The correct page will load, however the &” is stopping the Masshead banner from triggering?

Thanks!</blockquote>
    Hello wmwrick,

Can you send me some screenshots? So that I know what you are trying to achieve. Right now, I am really not sure where to start.

Best regards.

suiteevents Friend

Hello,
    I would like to add css to make the cursor change to the “hand” icon when I hover over the image in my slideshow. I have it so that the image is linked to the article I want it to go it, but the “arrow” cursor doesn’t change when you hover over it. What’s the css code to make it change or how to I make it change?

Stork11 Friend

<em>@suiteevents 353090 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello,
    I would like to add css to make the cursor change to the “hand” icon when I hover over the image in my slideshow. I have it so that the image is linked to the article I want it to go it, but the “arrow” cursor doesn’t change when you hover over it. What’s the css code to make it change or how to I make it change?</blockquote>
    Hello suiteevents,

CSS to change mouse cursor to “hand” icon should be:
    cursor: pointer;

You should apply it for your image “hover” style.

Regards.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Stork11 11 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum