Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author

I have both JS and CSS compression disabled in the template as well development mode enabled. That means the template compression should not cause any problems.

I’ve checked on my end, clearing the browser cache and all, with the Firefox, Chrome and Yandex browser. The JA Popup Module is not working with any of them. What I get instead is an error message saying:

Error loading language file http://cdn.banksiaconsulting.com.au/modules/mod_jacontentpopup/assets/js/lang/en.js

Andrew Winkler Friend

I have both JS and CSS compression disabled in the template as well development mode enabled. That means the template compression should not cause any problems.

I’ve checked on my end, clearing the browser cache and all, with the Firefox, Chrome and Yandex browser. The JA Popup Module is not working with any of them. What I get instead is an error message saying:

Error loading language file http://cdn.banksiaconsulting.com.au/modules/mod_jacontentpopup/assets/js/lang/en.js

Andrew Winkler Friend

I’ve checked on my end, clearing the browser cache and all, with the Firefox, Chrome and Yandex browser.
    The colour switching is working fine now, after removing the link to MaxCDN in the ‘CDN/cookieless domain’ field. However the JA Popup Module is still not working with any of the browsers.

Andrew Winkler Friend

I’ve checked on my end, clearing the browser cache and all, with the Firefox, Chrome and Yandex browser.
    The colour switching is working fine now, after removing the link to MaxCDN in the ‘CDN/cookieless domain’ field. However the JA Popup Module is still not working with any of the browsers.

Manos Moderator

Hi,

If you have css and js optimization on through the template settings and then you try to compress again using a 3rd party tool I am afraid you will continue facing problems like that.

Also keep in mind that many compression methods require some server side modules build in like gzip – mod_deflate – mod_expires etc.

Regards

Manos

Manos Moderator

Hi,

If you have css and js optimization on through the template settings and then you try to compress again using a 3rd party tool I am afraid you will continue facing problems like that.

Also keep in mind that many compression methods require some server side modules build in like gzip – mod_deflate – mod_expires etc.

Regards

Manos

Manos Moderator

<em>@andrewwinkler 477093 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    However the JA Popup Module is still not working with any of the browsers.</blockquote>

That means the plugin is not excluding the module as it should according to my setting yes ? You may check if I did that properly as I don’t own the pro version and I can’t be 100% sure.

If that’s the case then you should ask for help from the plugin author, on how you can exclude the module in question.

Let me know how that goes.

Regards

Manos

Manos Moderator

<em>@andrewwinkler 477093 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    However the JA Popup Module is still not working with any of the browsers.</blockquote>

That means the plugin is not excluding the module as it should according to my setting yes ? You may check if I did that properly as I don’t own the pro version and I can’t be 100% sure.

If that’s the case then you should ask for help from the plugin author, on how you can exclude the module in question.

Let me know how that goes.

Regards

Manos

Andrew Winkler Friend

I have CloudFlare and MaxCDN nicely working together on another site I’m managing. I was able to bring the page opening speed down from 45 seconds to under 1, religiously following the recommendations of the likes of gtMetrix and Pingdom tools. Took me almost 2 months. Anyhow, this particular site, I’m struggling with, because it won’t open the JA Popup Modules for me.

Andrew Winkler Friend

I have CloudFlare and MaxCDN nicely working together on another site I’m managing. I was able to bring the page opening speed down from 45 seconds to under 1, religiously following the recommendations of the likes of gtMetrix and Pingdom tools. Took me almost 2 months. Anyhow, this particular site, I’m struggling with, because it won’t open the JA Popup Modules for me.

Manos Moderator

<em>@andrewwinkler 477101 wrote:</em><blockquote> it won’t open the JA Popup Modules for me.</blockquote>

Hi,
    I am sure it will work if you can place mod_jacontentpopup (or at least the js code mod_jacontentpopup/assets/js/lang/en.js ) outside the JCH compression system.

Manos Moderator

<em>@andrewwinkler 477101 wrote:</em><blockquote> it won’t open the JA Popup Modules for me.</blockquote>

Hi,
    I am sure it will work if you can place mod_jacontentpopup (or at least the js code mod_jacontentpopup/assets/js/lang/en.js ) outside the JCH compression system.

Andrew Winkler Friend

If you PM me your email, I can Dropbox the Pro version to you.

However, the problem with the JA Popup module not popping up, happens on my computer regardless of whether JCH-Optimize, CloudFlare and MaxCDN are enabled or not.

Andrew Winkler Friend

If you PM me your email, I can Dropbox the Pro version to you.

However, the problem with the JA Popup module not popping up, happens on my computer regardless of whether JCH-Optimize, CloudFlare and MaxCDN are enabled or not.

Manos Moderator

Interesting because if I disable the JCH plugin on my end then the JA Popup works perfectly on FF / Chrome / IE / and FF Dev version

I suggest you give it another try with a browser (no plugins) and see if it helps.

I am sure you know that optimizing is not an easy task 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)

This topic contains 39 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Manos 8 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum