Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

JA,

I first put this problem under the original JQuery problem and thought it might get lost so I started this new thread.

I have installed the new 1.7 version and commented out the line. But that did not solve the problem this time.

Using version from another plugin. When I turn the jquery off in that plugin your comments now show appropriately even with the line in you system plugin commented out. In other words, no jquery is on.

Is there another version of jquery turned on somewhere else? Found one in the system plugin. I commented both out and the problem still exists. If the system one is not commented out it still exists.

Only way the page renders properly is if all (known) jquerys are commented out. Last version of Ja Comment only needed the content file version commented out.

my site is http://joomlabeta.cornerstonecubed.c…ubeds-articles

Jonathanne

Haven’t heard back about a potential solution. 9-4-11 @5:15 PM EDT

Need jquery to be present in the site.

jooservices Friend

Hi
    Would you mind update your site URL than i can check ?
    Thank you
    Viet Vu

jonathanne Friend
    jooservices Friend

Hi
    I’m sorry not much clear your issue. But as checked i saw you only have 1 jQuery instance

http://joomlabeta.cornerstonecubed.com/media/plg_jblibrary/jquery/jquery-1.6.2.min.js
    Nothing else, and your site loading well ?
    Please some more explain.
    Thank you
    Viet Vu

jonathanne Friend

If you go to http://joomlabeta.cornerstonecubed.com/resources/c-cubeds-articles and go to the first “Add comment(5)” line just before the “Competitive Value” line and click on it you will see the result cause the comments listed bleed over into the footer section of the page.

I changed the template so the bleeding is more visible. See the picture included. FOOTER AREA (in yellow) is where the footer area starts.

1. Untitled-2
    jooservices Friend

Ya. I saw. Let’s me check it 🙂
    Thank you
    Viet Vu

jooservices Friend

Hi
    This is template issue ( JB ). They are using js for fixed height of element

<div id="midCol" class="twoR" style="width: 700px; float: left; height: 896px;">

I’m not sure it’s JA issue . Lets me check with team and respond you asap.
    Thank you
    Viet Vu

jooservices Friend

Hi,
    Look like you can solved at your side ?
    Thank you
    Viet Vu

jonathanne Friend

Thanks for your response.

I’m not sure it’s solved from your side. JAComments (pre 1.7 version) used to work with Joomla 1.6 then 1.7 and JB templates. Now with your update of JAComment to 1.7 it doesn’t work.

Seems something changed on your side. But I’m not an expert with code.

Thanks again,

Jonathan

jooservices Friend

Hi
    I’ve not yet touched into your site source code. Just check it in Firebugs.
    As far i’ve checked your issue could be solve by remove height fixed ( a code i gave you ).
    But after few min i check back your site and everything looking fine. So i though you’ve fixed by self 🙂
    Please let’s me know if you still have trouble w/ this.
    Thank you
    Viet Vu

jonathanne Friend

Viet Vu,

Sorry, I did not understand that that was a fix. I will try it.

I did not fix it and the problem still exists. See http://joomlabeta.cornerstonecubed.com/resources/c-cubeds-articles .

Follow the same process: Click “Add Comment(5)” a small way done the page. You’ll see the problem.

Jonathan

jooservices Friend

Hi
    #1: If you want i can help you directly fix it on your site. But please PM me w/ your FTP access to do it.
    #2: Because you are using compressing mode that i can’t find out which css file, btw you can put this css code into any template css file ( most suggest is template.css )

#midCol.twoR {
    height:auto;
    }

Thank you
    Viet Vu

jonathanne Friend

Viet Vu,

Thank you for the fix. I found a spot to put it in and it seems to work (with !important added to auto).

I need to do more testing and possibly apply it to other css code segments for different sub templates.

Again, thanks for the help.

Jonathan

jooservices Friend

Hi jonathanne,
    Ya, !important should be used to make it override element css fixed. 🙂
    Please let’s me know if you still have trouble.
    Right now i’ll update this topic as SOLVED.
    Thank you
    Viet Vu

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jooservices 12 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum