Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello

I have successfully installed the JA Tiris theme onto a new test site.

I am at the final two stages:

1) Installing JoomShopping
    2) Installing Kunena Forum

However, upon going to the Extention Manager for both I get the following error message (I am only uploading the zip files contained within the CUSTOM directory of the theme download):

JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file

Additionally, when I click on the Download Joomshopping component in the JA Tirus userguide, it loads the Joomla Extension website and it shows that the component has been removed! See: http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/e-commerce/shopping-cart/5378

Hopefully someone can help.

Thanks
    Jonathan

TomC Moderator

I guess my first question would be . . .

Why go through all of this trouble when you can utilize the Quickstart + Sample Data Installation Process
    – which installs all of the components for you?

:confused:

jonatha2 Friend

Hi

Because I wanted to create a clean install. However, that aside, I would expect the components (as downloaded from the JoomlArt site) to work as per the Userguide instructions?

Jonathan

TomC Moderator
    I would expect the components (as downloaded from the JoomlArt site) to work as per the Userguide instructions?
    You are absolutely correct . . . unless, of course, it is an issue with the 3rd Party Extension Developer (which, insofar as the relationship with the JED, it apparently is).

You can always try to download the component directly from the Developer’s website HERE

jonatha2 Friend

Tom

You are correct to an extent.

However, the two custom zip files (as downloaded from JoomlArt) do not work. Will JoomlArt rectify this problem with their downloads – and when?

Jonathan

TomC Moderator

<em>@jonatha2 292138 wrote:</em><blockquote>Tom

However, the two custom zip files (as downloaded from JoomlArt) do not work. Will JoomlArt rectify this problem with their downloads – and when?

Jonathan</blockquote>
    Will I bring this to the attention of our JA Devs – Yes

“When” will the issue be verified and (if need be) corrected – Unknown at this point in time.

In the meantime, you can try to download the component directly from the Developer’s website HERE [/url]

swissa Friend

Tom

Jonathan</blockquote>

Hi jonatha2,

Don’t know if it is relevant to you but I’ve had similar problems in the past so I unpacked the zip and there was a xml file in there. Turned out, for me, that the problems was a permissions one. Could be that I use OS X but fixing the permissions solved it for me and they installed fine after that.

May not help you but thought I’d share my experience. OS X has some funny traits.

Also you may find that the zip file contains folders i.e. one extension for Joomla 1.5 and another for 1.7.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  swissa 12 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum