Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi guy’s and girls,

I would like to style one category in the Joomshop menu (I touched this subject a while ago and Swissa showed me some options (but still it was kinda complicated).

Have a look here: http://www.mahersphoto.ie

One category “Canon” in the left Joomshop menu must be red colored

Not sure how to approach this, help tips are more then welcome.

Thanks in advance,
    Raincheck

1. canon
    swissa Friend

My last suggestion was that you can change the theme for each category – not quite the same. Very difficult to do what you highlight if I understand correctly what you are trying to achieve. It would need a code rewrite to do it and that would be a pain in terms of updating etc.

I take it that you trying to promote Canon? Make them the first place to click? There is a quick way to achieve that but it would mean setting only Canon as the products on the landing page. If that is acceptable you just edit the Menu Item for home and instead of picking off ‘ all products’ you choose the Id for the category ‘Canon’.

chavan Friend

Go to this File: /templates/ja_tiris/css/template.css

Add this code

.ja-box-ct .jshop_menu_level_0:first-child > a {

color: #cf1f18 ;

}

swissa Friend

Learn something new everyday! Raincheck can also add a different background colour there too.

Merci Chavan.

Rick Bisschop Friend

Thanks guy’s,

I’ll give it a go and let you know

Rain

Rick Bisschop Friend

Hi again guy’s,

That works like a charm added the following to File: /templates/ja_tiris/css/template.css

background: url(../images/pattern-red.gif) #CF1F18
    color: #fff
    font-weight: bold;
    display: inline-block;
    padding: 2px 25px 2px 15px;
    text-decoration: none;
    text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px #bf2e2d
    border-radius: 10px;
    -webkit-border-radius: 10px;

}

When I click on “canon” does it go “jshop_menu_level_1” or second-child
    to get this red as well.

–>

Any way I am all ready happy with this result 🙂

1. canon-1
    2. canon-2
    chavan Friend

1. Go to this file: /templates/ja_tiris/themes/blue/css/template.css

Replace this code

.jshop_menu_level_0_a a, .jshop_menu_level_1_a a, .jshop_menu_level_2_a a { background: url(../images/pattern-blue.gif) #58b0b2 !important; text-shadow: 1px 1px 0 #58b0b2 !important; }

with

.jshop_menu_level_0_a a, .jshop_menu_level_1_a a, .jshop_menu_level_2_a a { background: url(../images/pattern-blue.gif) #58b0b2 ; text-shadow: 1px 1px 0 #58b0b2 ; }

2. GO to this File: /components/com_jshopping/css/ja_tiris.css

Replace this code

.jshop_menu_level_0_a a, .jshop_menu_level_1_a a, .jshop_menu_level_2_a a { background: url(../images/pattern-red.gif) #CF1F18 color: #fff font-weight: bold; display: inline-block; padding: 2px 25px 2px 15px; text-decoration: none; text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px #bf2e2d border-radius: 10px; -webkit-border-radius: 10px; }

with

.jshop_menu_level_0_a a, .jshop_menu_level_1_a a, .jshop_menu_level_2_a a { background: url(../images/pattern-red.gif) #CF1F18 !important; color: #fff ; font-weight: bold; display: inline-block; padding: 2px 25px 2px 15px; text-decoration: none; text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px #bf2e2d !important; border-radius: 10px; -webkit-border-radius: 10px; }

Rick Bisschop Friend

Thanks Chavan,

It worked and it didn’t, when I change the .css files it will change the color to red when I click on “canon” and it’s under laying “canon” categories when clicked, but unfortunately it does it for all the other non “canon” categories as well when clicked they change into red as well.

Thanks for helping out,

Rain…

chavan Friend

can you post me your admin details via PM, I will fix this for you.

chavan Friend

I have added this code to the end of this File: /templates/ja_tiris/themes/blue/css/template.css

.ja-box-ct .jshop_menu_level_0_a:first-child > a {
    background: url("../../../../../components/com_jshopping/images/pattern-red.gif") repeat scroll 0 0 #cf1f18 !important;
    text-shadow: 1px 1px 0 #bf2e2d !important;
    }

Please check your site and confirm. Thanks for the details

Rick Bisschop Friend

Thanks Chavan,

Again amazing Joomlart support!

Grtx Rain

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Rick Bisschop 9 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum