Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I found some explanation in another thread:

<blockquote>When cache is enabled, the counter won’t count during the Cache lifetime. There’re some reasons for this such:
    – hits is updated by the com_content, not by the Joomla system or plugins. Therefore, when page is got from cache to display, the component is not launched to update the cache
    – to improve the performance, the write statement to DB is reduced (update hits counter is write statement)</blockquote>

I guess kind of same holds true for K2. I don’t have that much traffic, but good enough. I was advised to turn on cache to speed up the website. But K2 counter simply does not work. I was also advised to rely on Google Analytics to monitor hits. This is OK, but the idea of the bigger websites is that people see hit counters and numbers attract more visits = more traffic = potentially better revenues.

So how does big website work by having cache enabled and hits counting the right way?

Please point me to a solution or a thread with such, if there is any. Thanks ahead.

Setting Session Handler to Memcache maybe?!? Don’t know what this setting does, but if it’s not database related maybe helps? Or not?

Stork11 Friend

Hello obliat,

Because cache used on Joomla is page cache. But K2 hits is dynamic data. So site need time for cleaning cache, then the dynamic value can be updated.

Regards.

obliat Friend

Thanks, I was just about to start a thread when I recall I already did :laugh:.
    (I think I haven’t got notification email on your post though)

What happens to my Teline IV K2 items is that once I turn T3 cache on the site probably gets faster and my CPU load decreases, but hits got hurt and never compensate. If cache is off hits are almost the same as in Google Analytics, but otherwise not. Still on K2 2.5.7 as I do have a lot of custom setiings. Will backup and try K2 2.6.5 though I can see in their forum they have not addressed the Hits counter issue. With cache on and showing much less hits I say goodbye to advertizers :((

So, no, even with frequent cache clean Hits are not correct.

Thanks for clarifying this for me (K2 dymanic data). I think I will run my current website with this Teline IV/K2 setup and create a new one with Teline V, should it come :).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  obliat 11 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum