Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Ive been using Joomla since only 2007. It’s an interesting project, but it seems to have some bottlenecks and deficits as a standard build thats unappealing. I’d like to know what Arvind and other Joomlartists think about that?

Is anyone willing to have a discussion with me about it?

Walt

• This topic was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by  Saguaros.
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by  coalitionguy. Reason: Wrong date

Change the world one step at a time.

Saguaros Moderator

Greetings Walt,

Like other CMSs, Joomla has its own pros & cons, ppl love Joomla with its simply and flexibility. Kindly share your difficulty when using Joomla or JoomlArt products so we can discuss.

Cheers!

coalitionguy Friend

It has enormous speed bottlenecks. Im not sure if its joomla, apache, or mySQL. Or maybe its all three. The core joomla, in my opinion, is a good foundation only if one wants to spend a zillion hours rewriting / modifying its code. Thats sensible for some. But for business minded people with little to no programming abilities, it can be a waste of time. Joomla is scaleable but its only as fast as the hardware in use will permit. With all the various developers using their own ideas and mechanics, its no wonder a joomla site can be brought to a crawl. I think a more modular approach, with a keen eye toward scaleability and speed is whats needed now. There are a lot of rubbish components out there because some developers refuse to adhere to proper php, mySQL, and framework guidelines. I only wish i could put together a project that could reinspire joomla artists and technicians.

Change the world one step at a time.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  coalitionguy 6 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum