Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I have siteground hosting, and recently they introduced ‘HHVM’ support.

When I enable HHVM with any Joomlart Templates, it doesnt work.

I have contacted Siteground and they have extensively looked into the issue and they have prepared the response below for the JoomlArt team, so you can hopefully fix the issue:

______

“”””I’ve carefully investigated the issue and it is related to the used PHP code in the following file:

/home/inspirm/public_html/plugins/system/t3/includes/core/t3.php

When I enabled HHVM for your Joomla! site and I accessed the site the following errors/warnings were added to the log file on the server:

Code:
    nWarning: Constants may only evaluate to scalar values in /home/inspirm/public_html/plugins/system/t3/includes/core/t3.php on line 103
    nNotice: Use of undefined constant T3_TEMPLATE – assumed ‘T3_TEMPLATE’ in /home/inspirm/public_html/plugins/system/t3/includes/core/t3.php on line 104
    nNotice: Use of undefined constant T3_TEMPLATE – assumed ‘T3_TEMPLATE’ in /home/inspirm/public_html/plugins/system/t3/includes/core/t3.php on line 105
    nNotice: Use of undefined constant T3_TEMPLATE – assumed ‘T3_TEMPLATE’ in /home/inspirm/public_html/plugins/system/t3/includes/core/t3.php on line 106
    nNotice: Use of undefined constant T3_TEMPLATE – assumed ‘T3_TEMPLATE’ in /home/inspirm/public_html/plugins/system/t3/t3.php on line 99
    nNotice: Use of undefined constant T3_TEMPLATE – assumed ‘T3_TEMPLATE’ in /home/inspirm/public_html/templates/purity_iii/html/com_content/article/default.php on line 12
    nNotice: Constant T3_TEMPLATE_PATH already defined in /home/inspirm/public_html/templates/purity_iii/html/com_content/article/default.php on line 12
    nFatal error: File not found: /home/inspirm/public_html/templates/T3_TEMPLATE/helper.php in /home/inspirm/public_html/templates/purity_iii/html/com_content/article/default.php on line 17

According to the official HHVM documentation, the “define” keyword is used to define constants and only scalar data (boolean, integer, float and string) can be contained in constants. For more details check the following page:

http://docs.hhvm.com/manual/en/language.constants.syntax.php

It seems that the following definition of “T3_TEMPLATE” does not contain scalar data:

Code:
    define (‘T3_TEMPLATE’, $xml->tplname);

That is why HHVM assumes that you mean the name of the constant itself (T3_TEMPLATE). The result is that HHVM tries to open the following file which, of course, does not exist on the server.

/home/inspirm/public_html/templates/T3_TEMPLATE/helper.php

We attempted to trick the system by created a symlink templates/T3_TEMPLATE —> purity_iii/. The first issue was resolved but then a new problem occurred and we decided to not make any more changes to the Joomla! PHP files. It seems that the developers of the theme have not tested it on servers that use HHVM.

It seems that the current version of your theme is not compatible with HHVM. Please also note that HHVM is not developed by SiteGround and we just offer it to our clients to use it. The HHVM developers (a team of Facebook software architects) constantly work on improving it. However, we don’t know when exactly HHVM will be compatible with your site and thus at this moment our advise is to disable HHVM for your Joomla! site and use the default PHP binaries provided by mod_hive. My advice is to contact the developers of the theme and send them the logs that I provided and my reply. HHVM is a new technology that is used on many servers and they have to be able to setup a testing server on which they should be able to restore a backup of your site and then try to resolve the issue with the used PHP code. Once the theme is compatible with HHVM we should be able to update it on your SiteGround server and re-enable HHVM. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Looking forward to your reply!”””

Please advise

TomC Moderator

Forwarding this onto the JA Development Team for review

TomC Moderator

TomC Moderator

Adam M Moderator

Hi @austenn01,

I have just passed this matter to development team so they can have a look and fix the problem. The hot fix should be open file pluginssystemt3includescoret3.php and look for this code in line 103 :

define ('T3_TEMPLATE', $xml->tplname);

change as below :

define ('T3_TEMPLATE', (String)$xml->tplname);

Adam M Moderator

Hi @austenn01,

I have just passed this matter to development team so they can have a look and fix the problem. The hot fix should be open file pluginssystemt3includescoret3.php and look for this code in line 103 :

change as below :

Adam M Moderator

Hi @austenn01,

change as below :

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Adam M 8 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum