Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

During the last 8 hours, 18:00 – 16 Jan – 02:00 17 Jan 09 GMT, the JoomlArt sever can not be accessible because of the failure in one of the IP address. Although the problem only happened with the main site (download & demo server are on seperate server) at some part of the world, we are sorry for any inconvenience.

Now, things have been fixed and everything is back to normal.

wooohanetworks Friend

Seen that, error 104 or 103, that happens sometimes though. I know it is not your fault, the host may be the reason.

Hope it will not continue that way, Hung!;) Thanks for resolving the issues…

stevenpeliari Friend

Could I just say for the past 6 hours I was trying to purchase a product but the “Payment” screen was just a blank button. I have no idea how many customers you have lost in this time, but I strongly suggest you upgrade the servers/payment gateway, or do something to avoid loss of customers like this in the future.

sunrise Friend

I had not been on for a couple days and did not notice. Thankfully it does not happen often, but in this kind of business, even not so often can sometimes be too often. If there are any more problems, I hope you get them all cleared up.

If you do look into a better servers, would it also be an idea to be able to have better security, https, when we want to give in our site details such as passwords, user names etc. At least for me, if it does not say https, I am a bit leary to give away any information. Any ideas about this?

ShannonN Friend

sunrise;113912I had not been on for a couple days and did not notice. Thankfully it does not happen often, but in this kind of business, even not so often can sometimes be too often. If there are any more problems, I hope you get them all cleared up.

If you do look into a better servers, would it also be an idea to be able to have better security, https, when we want to give in our site details such as passwords, user names etc. At least for me, if it does not say https, I am a bit leary to give away any information. Any ideas about this?

You raise a valid point re security, as for JA using other servers . . . I think they get a good deal with their current host, while many stories abound about this host, I’m sure there are far better out there but JA is always a budget company when it comes to paying out.

That’s why they depend mostly on members expertise to debug (in use) their faulty templates and provide most of the support.

ShannonN

syops sapper Friend

<em>@ShannonN 113967 wrote:</em><blockquote>You raise a valid point re security, as for JA using other servers . . . I think they get a good deal with their current host, while many stories abound about this host, I’m sure there are far better out there but JA is always a budget company when it comes to paying out.

That’s why they depend mostly on members expertise to debug (in use) their faulty templates and provide most of the support.

ShannonN</blockquote>

Not able to download again… How long does it take to get this back up?

ShannonN Friend

syops sapper;113996Not able to download again… How long does it take to get this back up?

Beats me ask Rochen or JA

jsliao Friend

the demos came up for a bit just now but seems like its down again. im getting Error 500 when i try to view the demo templates.

ShannonN Friend

jsliao;114035the demos came up for a bit just now but seems like its down again. im getting Error 500 when i try to view the demo templates.

I’m having to wait ages for a reply to post onto the forum hangs there for 30 seconds at times, but all other sites are accessing fine just JA is slow tonight

ShannonN

wooohanetworks Friend

I had those problems many often times, but today, not at all, where others hadn’t these problems with the site here I had those…:) Now it is vise versa. Meaning, the posts go out without any delays or loading times, the demo server works without problems on my side. I had the thought it might be about from where, geographically, one accesses the server, I do not know if this changed, as most of you are in others parts of the world as me, as I am in western Europe but who knows what the problem is and hosts like Rochen do not come with the exact reasons for that, they either give some self-thanking information their service is excellent or they rely on confidential issues that they cannot disclose such internal server information to the public. Like I said, I had the same issues some time ago, since days or weeks since I posted the last message about those issues no problems no more. I would not use Rochen, unless my site is real small, when I need super servers I would or will or use simply those number 1 hosts, whose prices are even lower than Rochen, as they have more servers, more clients, more staff more to provide than those niche hosts like Rochen. This is again, said from an objective non “Joomla-OpenSource-related” standpoint, but simply from the technical and economical view that matters much more.

scotty Friend

Maybe it’s Whoo’s excessively long posts causing it? 😀

mihirc Friend

Hello,

I tend to agree with wooha as many a times I am able to check the forum without a problem and i can easily post, read download, without even a bit of problem.

but many a times, the server is down for quite a bit of time. So i used to think, that this was related to servers and it was applicable to every person in this world. Sadly when I used to get access there would be 10-15 posts suddenly. Being a web-developer I am online most of the time, and have an habit of refreshing every couple of minutes.

Dunno, what causes this though…

Regards,
    Mihir Chhatre.

wooohanetworks Friend

<em>@scotty 114122 wrote:</em><blockquote>Maybe it’s Whoo’s excessively long posts causing it? :D</blockquote>

Are you obsessed by me or what? Seems you got the hang to cyber stalking already, not more so :D, man!

scotty Friend

Yes, I’m your No1 fan!

ShannonN Friend

mihirc;114127Hello,

I tend to agree with wooha as many a times I am able to check the forum without a problem and i can easily post, read download, without even a bit of problem.

but many a times, the server is down for quite a bit of time. So i used to think, that this was related to servers and it was applicable to every person in this world. Sadly when I used to get access there would be 10-15 posts suddenly. Being a web-developer I am online most of the time, and have an habit of refreshing every couple of minutes.

Dunno, what causes this though…

Regards,
    Mihir Chhatre.

isn’t it strange I once called woohanetworks wooha and got abused for it but everyone else gets no flames hmmn

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  wooohanetworks 15 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum