Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

JA’s latest templates, especially for Joomla are not convincing enough. They just seem to be flat… with little room for user customization, limited position…

mfcphil Friend

JoomlArts templates use The JAT3 framework which speaks for itself

TomC Moderator

<em>@wageni 264657 wrote:</em><blockquote>JA’s latest templates, especially for Joomla are not convincing enough. They just seem to be flat… with little room for user customization, limited position…</blockquote>
    Greetings:

Thank you for your input. Might I inquire . . . what elements are you looking for that would be “convincing” to you?

First, I invite you to read this “article” –> NEW TEMPLATE RELEASES – First Impressions . . . CAN CHANGE

Second, you do understand and embrace the fact that JA templates – be they for Joomla, Magento or Drupal – are exactly that … templates, yes? In it’s basic form, a template is a file (or, in this case, group of files) that serves as a starting point for a new document (or, in this case, website).

As such – and as JoomlArt templates follow the “open source” model of Joomla! itself – you, as the site webmaster, have the right and ability to modify/customize your template in any way, shape or form you desire (save for the copyright information – unless you obtain the appropriate removal license). Therefore, there is virtually infinite room for user customization, as well as virtually unlimited ability to create and reposition most any element you want.

Just as not every new car model is going to make you jump out of your seat in unbridled excitement and uncontrollable urge to purchase it, not every template release is necessarily going to be exactly what you need. However, what may not seem ideal to you may be just what the doctor ordered to others.

Therefore, while you are most certainly entitled to your personal opinion(s) as to your own subjective feelings regarding any one (or more) JoomlArt product releases, understand that there are many many others who do not share in a “Joomlart Missing It” sentiment and/or that JoomlArt’s latest templates are “not convincing enough” – whatever that means.

😎

Phill Moderator

What I would love to hear is your own thoughts on design. What would you like to see? What elements do you think would make a great template and one that would be simple for the user to customize?

Have you any examples of your tase in template? I really would like to hear your thoughts in more detail.

amy47 Friend

I hadn’t actually seen this video till just now. Seems like you all know your stuff. I especially like the mobile web browsing ease of use that is added. There’s nothing like seeing a full webpage on your smart phone and trying to move your fingers around to see the page. 🙁 I am a little concerned with one aspect though, it seems like all of the logos that are in the templates are stock designs by you all. Would it be possible to create my own logo design[/url] and incorporate it into my website template? Thanks in advance for the help!

fesin Friend

I could not agree more. I had been having high hopes for the latest templates from JA. However, the templates do not offer the functionality as first thought to be. Most of the templates, especially dealing with joomla lack customizable options and inadequate position to move around for the user.

nayan007 Friend

Hi,

In most of the template there is no customizable options and moreover there are many latest templates,so you can choose from there itself.

TomC Moderator

<em>@fesin 283377 wrote:</em><blockquote>I could not agree more. I had been having high hopes for the latest templates from JA. However, the templates do not offer the functionality as first thought to be. Most of the templates, especially dealing with joomla lack customizable options and inadequate position to move around for the user.</blockquote>
    I’m sorry, but I have to respectfully disagree with you here . . .

All of JoomlArt’s templates are developed/designed so as to provide you with the utmost control for any/all modification and/or customization you desire. Virtually EVERY option and element is customizable . . . some requiring more time, effort and patience than others. You can modify/customize ANY positions you want – including creating your own. You can customize colors, fonts, logos, images … ANYTHING you want/need. The only limit is one’s one imagination and patience with the trial-and-error process.

Might I suggest you read/absorb the following –> [URL=http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/the-three-ps-patience-practice-and-perseverance/

TomC Moderator

<em>@nayan007 283553 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

In most of the template there is no customizable options and moreover there are many latest templates,so you can choose from there itself. </blockquote>
    This statement makes no sense whatsoever. Care to try to clarify?

tfosnom Friend

Hi Tom
    I think we’re getting to the point where end users, especially those without Joomla knowledge or experience are expecting “push button” access to every editable item. No one wants to HAVE to look at their folder structure to edit the slideshow css or find a particular image.
    We are seeing the same attitude in the way people want support.

I see way too many posts here for help on something that is clearly addressed in the user guides at the top of the threads. Trouble is . . no one wants to look for themselves, they want others to spend 15 mins or as we do often instal a template locally search css folder structures etc. to solve it for them. It’s not heartening to see JA support staff spending an inordinate amt of their support time dealing with the range of free templates either. I rejoin each year to get support, not go to a free template and expect many things and customizations free. The free templates should have a userguide supplied and a link to the t3 wiki etc. and no furter support, leaving JA staff free for the club members that pay to belong.:)
    Shane

Just my opinion, many users of free products of course will disagree.

TomC Moderator

<em>@tfosnom 283628 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Just my opinion, many users of free products of course will disagree.</blockquote>
    Not only do I agree wholeheartedly (hence my “[URL=http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/the-three-ps-patience-practice-and-perseverance/” encouragement article . . . but I will be publishing an article on our JA BLOG very soon discussing the fact and relevance of a motto I have endorsed for many years now . . . that a template is a starting point, and not intended to be a turnkey/plug-and-play instant website solution.

Keep an eye out on our JA BLOG for my forthcoming article – for which I actually engaged in nearly a month’s worth of research and development for a much more substantive and, hopefully, insightful/educational piece.

😎

tfosnom Friend

I appreciate the time it takes researching these things having done such in the past ,looking fwd to it
    Shane

isabel2012 Friend

Tom u are the best . The information offered by you is very valuable.:)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  isabel2012 12 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum