Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hello,

we use JA Teline V, and tried ToolTip (very important for us) We tried a lot of thing but still not working…

So we tried with the default Joomla Template "Protostar", and it is working. http://www.vivreenbelgique.be/_veb2016/testing

We also contacted the developper of this extension : NoNumber.

So the conclusion is that Ja Teline V change bootstrap & javascript behavior…! https://www.nonumber.nl/forum/tooltips-pro/41140-bootstrap-javascript-conflict

The JA templates (T3 based templates) often load scripts that do not play nice with other scripts. Not all script based extensions can work happily together. And you just found one of those situations.

Tooltips uses the Bootstrap popover functionality and is tied to how well that plays with other scripts.

So if your template loads stuff that causes that Bootstrap popover functionality to fail or become buggy, then there isn’t much I can do.

So what can we do to fix this ??

Regard.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi @dieudonne,

The admin account you provided doesn’t work, you can update it again and also send me the FTP account so I will have a look at this.

dieudonne Friend

Ok now it is ok with the accound provided before.

And for the ftp, is it ok with eXtplorer ?

Regard.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi dieudonne,

In the testing page, as I can see that the tooltip still functions properly: http://prntscr.com/a6f2wr

Did you get it solved?

dieudonne Friend

Very strange. We change nothing. But now the click behavior isn’t working…!

So the developper (Tooltip – NoNumber) say that :

Tooltips is based on and uses the Bootstrap scripts and styles that come with Joomla core (Bootstrap 2). Your template prevents those file from getting loaded and replaces them with a different version of Bootstrap. These bootstrap scripts seem to not be able to cope with the scripts/syntax in Tooltips.

Seems they are incompatible.

So you use different bootstrap like Joomla core ?!

What is the solution…?

Regard.

Saguaros Moderator

I tried to assign ‘Protostar’ template to the menu item ‘testing’ on your site and its behaviour is the same when use JA Teline

Could you take a look?

dieudonne Friend

No, the "on click" behavior is not working.

real click behavior piet : {tip Tooltip Click::This is the text in the tooltip|click}This text has a tooltip{/tip}

See my screenshot. So what can we to fix it ?

Regard.

1. 2016-02-23_16h48_06
    Saguaros Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 8 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum