Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Helllo,

In the JA Magz template, we see the use of the Joomlart CCK. In the Events category, we see the ‘event start date’ and ‘event end date’ as 2 new fields found in the Joomla Article.

What I want to do is build an events diretcory and I want to add the same 2 fields to my Joomla Articles..’event start date’ and ‘event end date’.

I want to show the Events Category with the ‘Blog Layout, and I want to show my Events (Joomla Articles) to be SORTED via the ‘event start date’ field.

Can someone advise how I would be able to achieve this?

Thanks,

Eragon H Friend

1. This sort is not supported in Joomla and this template. If you want to have this function, I’m afraid that you have to customize it by yourself or hire a developer to customize it for you.

2. There is a solution for your need, that is using option “Article Manager Order” (Tab: Blog Layout >> Article Order). This will let the page display according to the order you set in back-end

austenn01 Friend

<em>@Eragon H 458170 wrote:</em><blockquote>1. This sort is not supported in Joomla and this template. If you want to have this function, I’m afraid that you have to customize it by yourself or hire a developer to customize it for you.

2. There is a solution for your need, that is using option “Article Manager Order” (Tab: Blog Layout >> Article Order). This will let the page display according to the order you set in back-end</blockquote>

Hello,

Yes i am aware on both 1 and 2. I was hoping someone might have tried to do what I want and thus have a solution for me.

Honestly the CCK market is rather annoying in my opinion. Some solutions are simple, but don’t have the power needed..some like Flexicontent or Sebold can do almost anything, but require so so so much learning…

My favourite CCK is Form2Content, but the ONLY feature they dont have, is the ability to sort via their ‘date picker’ field. They can sort by basically all their other fields.

Fields and Filters is great as well…but its way to limited.

K2 is good, but its extra fields are way to limited…K2 V3?? Well, if it ever comes out!

I am in favor of using com_content to build ontop of…i dislike the road K2 went down and created their own system separate of com_content…..com_content is at the core of Joomla…if we go to K2, then it kinda defeats the purpose of using Joomla in some ways…

____

Anyway, if anyone has been able to solve my query, please let me know…I dont have a lot of cash, so I can’t pots to a get a quote right now.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  austenn01 9 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum