Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author

NEW EMAIL ADDRESS – piracy@joomlart.com

I’ve been alerted to a lot of different illegal download sites containing JoomlArt templates, and also some site’s using an illegal copy. Because of this I am writing up this announcement.

To Report An Illegal Download URL
    To report an illegal download URL, please send us an email to piracy@joomlart.com with the download links and the site you got them from. We will take the matter further.

To Report A Site Using An Illegal Copy
    To report a site using an illegal copy of our templates, again please email us with the links.

Unlicensed Members Posting On The Forum
    We have had a lot of members asking for support even though they are unlicensed. This usually means that they have obtained the template illegally, or they have 2 accounts. Remember that you can’t just send a copy of the template to a friend, doing so is against the terms and conditions that you signed up upon. We cannot assist any unlicensed member with their template issues, we would ask that you subscribe in which will get you access to the private forums.

If you have any questions please reply here. I might be setting up some random awards for people who send in illegal links!

Michael Casha Friend

We have a new email address to report piracy! – piracy@joomlart.com

brendax Friend

I feel sorry for you giys trying to monitor all this – someone has just posted a download site for joomlart, pixelparadise etc templates on joomla.org – unfortunately I think the problem will get worse because of the misunderstandings re the gpl

ErikThorsen Friend

Really? A download link on Joomla.org? Do you have the link? It seems a lot of people don’t understand the GPL and what it is for and which aspects of Joomla are inflicted with this.

Well, I have reported numerous sites using illegal copies. ( and/or breakin the terms )

brendax Friend

sent ito Micxas through pm – I dont think I need to post the link here

Michael Casha Friend

<em>@Brendax 21794 wrote:</em><blockquote>sent ito Micxas through pm – I dont think I need to post the link here</blockquote>
    Thank You, it’s been reported now anyway.

ErikThorsen Friend

Right Brendax, no need to post it here, Just wanted to make sure MiCCAS or someone else in the team got it. Thanks for reporting it!

Michael Casha Friend

<em>@ErikThorsen 21798 wrote:</em><blockquote>Right Brendax, no need to post it here, Just wanted to make sure MiCCAS or someone else in the team got it. Thanks for reporting it!</blockquote>
    We also have the piracy@joomlart.com email address if required.

brendax Friend

hmm – did you go snooping around those those links?

maybe you should get Joomla to republish the post – keyloggers would do a LOT to discourage people from messing with illegal copies in the future … off to clean my puter now LOL

google has a big memory & a large cache

Menalto Friend

This thing goes deeper than people think. To hunt piracy you need to start different, not from a link on rapidshare.

Michael Casha Friend

<em>@Menalto 21807 wrote:</em><blockquote>This thing goes deeper than people think. To hunt piracy you need to start different, not from a link on rapidshare.</blockquote>
    We ban users who distribute it as well!

ShannonN Friend

MiCCAS;21808We ban users who distribute it as well!

I really wonder at the point in pirating ja templates the bloody things are so cheap why would you bother?

Michael Casha Friend

<em>@ShannonN 21818 wrote:</em><blockquote>I really wonder at the point in pirating ja templates the bloody things are so cheap why would you bother?</blockquote>
    Yep, you’re right! Some people just don’t want to pay, and some people aren’t aware that it is illegal.

Menalto Friend

<em>@ShannonN 21818 wrote:</em><blockquote>I really wonder at the point in pirating ja templates the bloody things are so cheap why would you bother?</blockquote>
    I guess the point is that piracy is illegal, and if you gonna use a template buy it since its so cheap:D

bluecafe Friend

on the other hand … if you have made it to the warez scene you ARE somebody worthy :D. Maybe it can even serve as a marketing campaign .. who knows … every coin has it’s two sides. According to the statistics the warez scene are mainly kids who have made a sport of it. Most of them wouldn’t even be potential customers but maybe they help to make a name popular .. who knows …

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)

This topic contains 44 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  team_phenomenon 14 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum