Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi,

We have JA Tabs working nicely on a Joomla 1.5.7 site with Kulanite and Virtuemart. The URL is http://www.dte-diesel-tuning.com

However when we switch on Joomla caching to speed the site up, the JA Tabs module stops displaying. You can see a small line where it should be, but no content. Switch of the caching and everything is fine.

Currently caching is off so the JA Tabs module is being displayed well.
    Any help would be appreciated, as we need caching on for the live site.

Regards,

Anonymous Moderator

Dear pgraves,

when i enable Joomla cache, your issue was not display. Everything are being very good.

I think you should check cache folder again. Please sure that the folder have permission to create files in itself and its subfolders.

Hope it helps.

pgraves Friend

Hi,

Cache folder was 777, just to be on the safe site I set everything in it to 777 as well (Just index.html and some product feed XML files). Switched on Joomla cacheing and JA Tabs disappears again. Looking at the content of the cache folder there are now com_content, mod_mainmenu, and mod_search folders. Each of them is 755 owner nobody(99), and the files they contain are all 644 – owner nobody(99). There is no mod_jatabs folder.

I create a mod_jatabs folder(777) within the cache. No files in it, JA Tabs still not showing on the front end with cacheing switched on. Reappear instantly I switch cacheing off.

There are no cacheing settings in the JA Tabs module. Each of the modules published in it are mod_Custom so there are no cacheing settings in them either.

Cache handler is ‘File’ ( I only have that option in Global config), cache time 15 minutes.#
    Any more ideas?

Thanks
    Pete

Anonymous Moderator

Dear pgraves,

For this case, please send us your admin account, ftp account via Premium Email support or PM so that we could check it for you.

nadgobxe Friend

Hello,

Hello ived just installed the JA_TABS, and i have the same problem. When i(or a user) log in on the site the JA-TABS are going haotic hotic, when i log out they are ok. Here is the site

I tryed to change the permissions in cahce sub-folder but my operations are restricted. Please HELP ME!!

thanks

pgraves Friend

OK,

So I couldn’t download a fix as I was blocked by your downloads site – the question is did I get the latest version of JA Tabs when I bought the Kulanite Template, or is there later one.

I was also instructed to reinstall Joomla, but as its also causing the same problem on my test site I can’t see that making any difference. Also all the rest of Joomla is displaying perfectly, its only JA Tabs disappearing when caching is switched on.

Naturally I’m keen to switch on the caching asap.
    Thanks to the other people that asked me if I had an answer – sorry I’m still waiting myself but will let you know as soon as we get this figured out.

The site is Diesel Engine Performance Tuning, but caching is currently off, so the Tabs appear just fine.

Regards,
    Pete

hendriv Friend

Hi, I have the same problem with Ja TABs. When I turn on the cache, i simply get some text where the JA Tabs were supposed to be. Without the cache it works fine. Please help.

pgraves Friend

OK so there’s quite a few of us now….

My Diesel Tuning site still has cacheing turned off as the JA Tabs module still disappears, even though we’ve reinstalled it. That’s three months after we first posted the problem.

Would be great to get a fix for this problem.

Pete

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  pgraves 15 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum