Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

I have a standard Joomla blog layout appearing between JA News Frontpage Module and JA News 2

How do I get rid of it?

Anonymous Moderator

Hi SHoggard

In administrator, open Main menu -> edit Home item. In the edit page, please change follows parameters:

# Leading 0
    # Intro 0
    # Links 0

SHoggard Friend

Ok…. Main menu … NOT: ‘magazin’ – right?

Update: Just did that (on Main Menu) & I still have the Blog content layout

Anonymous Moderator

Yes, magazin

SHoggard Friend

Ok…. you DID mean “magazin” menu

Solved
    Thanks

mkgn Friend

Hello,

Like in the demo, I want my FP to show the main article to the left and collapsible list of articles to the left of main article. I dont know how to do this. Currently, I see my FP article at the top but the left part is blank. I would like it to show content topics that expands on mouse hover.

micrantha Friend

Hello,
    Did you configure Ja News frontpage in the correct way?
    In demo Layout style = telineiii_fp.php; Number of articles = 9; Number of Featured Articles = 1.

Good luck,
    Micrantha

mkgn Friend

Great, collapsible FP articles works now. But something werid happened 2 times.

I got the below set of errors for featured artilcle. Only one image is there at the top right with float:left and image is jpg. When this happened I tried a different article and it worked. But later this happened again. Seems it’s random… which is bad…

Warning: imagecreatetruecolor() [function.imagecreatetruecolor]: Invalid image dimensions in /home/vistha5/public_html/modules/mod_janews_fp/helper.php on line 168

Warning: imagecopyresampled(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/vistha5/public_html/modules/mod_janews_fp/helper.php on line 177

Warning: imagejpeg(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/vistha5/public_html/modules/mod_janews_fp/helper.php on line 185

Any idea what causes this error? Seems like it’s trying to manipulate the image on-the-fly and getting stuck? FP configuration says if you need to show the image without resizing you can enter -1. That is the config I had when I got the error. I changed it and seems it works.

Any idea? Does this means -1 value shouldn’t be there?

Anonymous Moderator

Hi mkgn

Please go to http://support.joomlart.com, submit a ticket, send us your live url, admin account, ftp account so that we have a closer look on the issue.

easy4u Friend

Hi Guys…

i am using the teline_iii template… i have few problem and would like your assistance with regards to it.

1. when using the “janews_fp” module it publishes whats on the front page. how do i get it to show something else or how do i hide the content thats published from the front page. as it is showing twice one as part of the module and one as content. if i set the content not to show on the front page it desipires from the module aswell.
    2. i can not seem to get the “ja_tabs” module to work
    3. looking at the demo… when you click on the different menu items on top it changes colour… how do i set that?

Thanks in advance for your help:)

railer Friend

For Teline III, you need to modify the parameters for the magazin menu. That will fix the problem with frontpage articles duplicating themselves above JA News module in the content-bot position.

railer Friend

Dear easy4u,

In the janews_fp module you will see a parameter that allows you to show or hide Frontpage articles. In your case, you would hide them.

railer Friend

<em>@easy4u 164981 wrote:</em><blockquote>2. i can not seem to get the “ja_tabs” module to work
    3. looking at the demo… when you click on the different menu items on top it changes colour… how do i set that?</blockquote>

To set the colors for your menu items as well as the section headings, do the following:

1. Go to Content/Sections and write down the names and ID numbers of your various sections.
    2. Then go to the mod_janews2 module and you’ll see a parameter setting called “Section IDs”.

Enter your parameters in the following format, ordering them as you wish them to be displayed by mod_janews2:

4:orange
    1:green
    5:deepblue
    6:lime
    8:brown
    9:cyan

The numbers above are the section numbers. I think you can use default html colors for the color parameter.

As for the ja_tabas module, you haven’t provided enough info.

kha007 Friend

Hi

I have Telline 3 from quickstart package. I installed a new component (joomfish) for getting a multilanguage site (english and french). When we change the language from the frontend the frontpage appears differently (longer and less compact sections) yet it is the same setup I opted for the 2 languages.
    I don’t know what is wrong.
    my site url http://www.afrik-community.com/

Thank you very for any help

filmlover7 Friend

Hi all,
    It is clear that there needs to be a truly comprehensive MANUAL and USER’S GUIDE to Teline III.
    The template has operational elements that control various parts of the FrontPage and site IN THE BACKGROUND (which is wh
    y we love it if it works), but there are many conflicts and tricks that the are a total mystery. Most of us pay the subscription to be able to use the Template, to modify it and have it go on line.
    Instead we have to spend endless hours fishing through forums to find the answers to often simple questions.

Why is there not a clear explanation available in a single place?
    It would be great to have a step by step of how the Demo site was created and how it can be modified.

The current process of going to forums for answers is not what I expect from a paid subscription based purchase of a product.

Perhaps such a MANUAL and even Video Tutorials are in the works, but JoomlArt does not seem to be responsive to such ideas.

Has anyone assembled anything that could be helpful?
    Contact me directly and post it for others please.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

This topic contains 27 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  actu9 13 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum