Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I see that you have taken my suggestions and set up JA Builder so that it can be disconnected from a Joomlart account which is good from a developer standpoint as far as handing off a site to a client.

However, maybe I am missing something? But it would appear as though the only Joomla access level that will allow you to actually use the JA Builder editor is if you have Super Administrator joomla access level?

I just tried setting up my client with both a Manager and an Administrator access level. But, when I do that and try going to JA Builder and click on the orange "Live Edit" while logged into the back-end at an Administrator or Manager access level it just redirects to the front end page and I can not edit it?

It would appear as though the only access level you can perform edits with is a Super Administrator level and that is not good. I am hoping that I am just overlooking where to allow a Manager or Administrator level to actually make edits?

If not this needs to be included ASAP!

Sincerely,
    Brandon Cardone

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Brandon,

In the latest update, we update the JA Page Builder so that when you handover the website to client, he can manage the website by himself without using your JoomlArt account. When he is owner of the website, he can be super user and edit as he wish. At this moment, only super users can edit page.

Regards

card1concepts Friend

Hello,

Yes I am aware that you added the ability to disconnect an account from JA Builder.

BUT, I can not believe you would build a component that can ONLY be used as a Super Admin????

I have to set up different access levels for clients all the time and in my opinion this is something that should have been coded into your product from day one?

Honestly, this is kind of a deal breaker for me in using JA Builder for any future projects until it does support joomla access levels, and ultimately sways my decision as to renew my developer membership.

Do you have this in your production schedule to be added to JA Builder at all? Or is this a pipe dream? I have tried really hard to remain positive and non judgmental about JA Builder but the more I use it the more I can tell this product is still very wet behind the ears! And that is just something I can not afford to build the foundation of my clients sites on.

Please don’t take my complaints negatively, I see the potential in JA Builder, it is why I jumped in head first to try it and use it and I am simply trying to point out the things your customers like me are going to value most, and stability and flexibility are among the two most major ones in my opinion still need improvements.

Thank you for your time and please let me know when you do add Joomla Access Level support and I will consider trying your product again when that happens.

Sincerely,
    Brandon Cardone

Saguaros Moderator

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, let me pass to the team for further discussion on this.

marty harty Friend

Hi,

Great product and according to your statement ACL is just a matter of time: Newbies will have fun learning and developers would love it. I would love to point publishers to certain pages only using a small selection of blocks in pre-defined styles to edit inline content. Knowing that – besides fun – the results will be professional and encouraging. When will this happen?

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  marty harty 6 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum