Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Is it safe to update Purity III to Joomla 3.7?

Felix Rimfrost

pavit Moderator

Hello

I tested Purity_III vers. 1.1.8 with T3_Framework vers. 2.6.3 with Joomla 3.7 and everything works fine.

You will need to verify all your installed extensions if they are Joomla 3.7 compatible.

First to make any update take always a full website backup

Regards

felix1 Friend

Of course, I forgot that I need to verify all my extensions.

Then I must obviously wait for a while, for 3:d party developers to update…

Thanks!

Felix Rimfrost

hamid.takfa Friend

For me unfortunately after Update joomla to 7.3, font awesome not shown with purity_iii version 1.1.9 and T3 Framework version 2.6.3

Any help

Thanks

pavit Moderator

after Update joomla to 7.3, font awesome not shown with purity_iii version 1.1.9 and T3 Framework version 2.6.3

I cannot replicate your issue as you can see from images below, as i said above first to update template you should be sure all extensions are Joomla 3.7 compatible , they can cause conflicts.

Regards

1. Screenshot-at-apr-25-22-13-36
    2. Screenshot-at-apr-25-22-14-24
    mcglynn Friend

Many, if not most, of Joomlarts templates will not be compatible with Joomla 3.7. as there is a significant change to caching, etc, in the Joomla system. Joomlart should be going through its portfolio of templates and upgrading associated plugins as required. As an example, JA Social ii will not function with the Joomla 3.7 upgrade as the integrated plugins are not compatible with it., i.e, template associated plugins..

pavit Moderator

Many, if not most, of Joomlarts templates will not be compatible with Joomla 3.7

It is a good practice to wait official releases first to update to new joomla versions.

Joomlart will work to update and fix all extensions

Best regards

korpisa2 Friend

Could you provide a schedule for upgrading the portfolio of templates and plugins? Preferably broken down by template.

hamid.takfa Friend

Hi Pavit,

The issue happened when we add font awesome in content and custom html. Also the font awesome in the offcanvas not shown.

Regards

sparkktv Friend

A rule of thumb is to always test stuff in a localhost, I use Mamp Pro on my Mac. That way I can see if everything works before I update it on my Live site… As soon as I test everything & see everything works, then I go over to the Live site & update it.

mcglynn Friend

Joomla 3.7 is an official release..

p119foundation Friend

Ran into the same Joomla 3.7/JA Purity III/Font Awesome issue: the navigation components (search, menu, side nav) are not showing up. Discovered this after I updated about a dozen sites. (ouch)

Temporary work-around: change the template to "development mode" and the Font Awesome visual cues re-appear.

cityofxanthigr Friend

I ‘ve temporarily fixed the issue by disabling "optimize css" option.

tehribo Friend

Obliviously the CSS optimization brakes the Font Awesome.

Both Developer mode-ON or Optimize CSS-OFF temporarily fix the issue.
    Hope that you will fix it soon.

nyanginator Friend

Here are the errors from having Optimize CSS on:

Notice: Undefined index: media in /opt/lampp/htdocs/joomla/plugins/system/t3/includes/core/minify.php on line 260
    Notice: Undefined index: mime in /opt/lampp/htdocs/joomla/plugins/system/t3/includes/core/minify.php on line 272

And the error from having Optimize JS on:

Notice: Undefined index: mime in /opt/lampp/htdocs/joomla/plugins/system/t3/includes/core/minify.php on line 440

Turning off just Optimize CSS fixed the Font Awesome and CSS layout problems for me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum