Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Is it safe to install Joomla 3.4.8 update for Teline V template? I am still on J3.4.5 but with my past experience that had been far from being pleasant, I am absolutely terrified to make any change in the current website that is running under J3.4.5.

Also, I am still running Teline V template version 1.0.2 whereas this template is now on 1.0.6 version.

I will need some advice in updating both (Joomla and Teline V) before actually embarking on this project. I realize that I need to make a backup of the website first before making any update and I will do so but even then, it takes quite a bit of time, energy, and patience to rebuild the site using the backup not to mention the down time. I would rather the site not go down because of some glitch in the upgrade.

So please, give me your honest advice. First, should I go ahead and upgrade Joomla to the latest version? Second, will the template update go smooth or I’ll end up breaking the website and rebuilding everything from the backup? But even before that, do I even need to update the template? Why mess with it in the first place when it’s been working fine? Is the template update really very crucial?

Thanks for your help in this regard. BTW, Happy New Year to the Joomlart family. Hope the new year is a good one for all of us.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @ssinha,

Version 3.4.8 was released only a week before and it takes time for us to check all the templates. Since there is no major update from 3.4.5 to 3.4.8, you can stick with current version for a while if it’s not a critical matter with you.

ssinha Friend

Thanks Adam. Will delay the upgrade until there is absolutely no way to get away with it. Also, what about the Teline V template updates? Are they significant enough to warrant an update from 1.0.2 to 1.0.6?

Thanks.

PS – Like the new site design. Two questions though –

1. What does ‘voice’ mean in these forums?
    2. Where is the search field in this forum. I am sure it’s there but I can’t seem to find it. 🙁
    TomC Moderator
    1. "Voice" means the number of people who have responded to the thread.

2. You can search the forums by typing in your keyword(s) in the field above the category menu to the right (to the right (scroll up a bit)).
    ssinha Friend

Thanks Tom. About the ‘search’ field above the category menu, are you talking about the one on the right side of the forum page? Because it only pulls up the forum lists (it says ‘Jump to Forum’ as well).

Adam M Moderator

Hi @ssinha,

The search button is on top right of screen, see attachment.

1. search
    ssinha Friend

Adam, I tried that but how does it work? I am on Chrome, I click on the search icon (as shown by you), a pop-up screen opens, I type a search word, say facebook, then I choose a filter type (forum, in my case), and then what? There is no Enter button, enter key doesn’t work, clicking anywhere doesn’t work. See the attached image.

I must be still hung up from the Christmas Party.

1. search
    Adam M Moderator

Hi @ssinha,

Actually, after type a keyword, the result should be displayed immediately because we’re using ajax search. Please try again and wait for a while to see if the problem was caused by internet connection matter. In case it doesn’t work at all, kindly provide your OS and browser version so I can forward it to development team to check.

ssinha Friend

Hi Adam, I was trying it on Win 7 Pro, Chrome latest version. After reading your message, I tried it on the same computer with IE 11. Same problem. Then I tried in Mac OS X El Capitan Ver 10.11.2 using Safari 9.0.2. Same problem.

In each browser, I waited almost a minute after typing a search word to see if it shows anything but no luck. Sorry…

Adam M Moderator

Hi @ssinha,

Many thanks for your report and your patience. I’m forwarding this matter to development team so they can check it asap, please stay tuned and I will reply back shortly.

ssinha Friend

Adam, I just checked it again and it’s working now. Not sure if it was fixed by the JA development team or it has something to do with our ISP at work. Right now I am at home. Will try it again at work tomorrow and let you know the result. Thanks for your help.

ssinha Friend

Confirmed. The search one from one ISP (home) but doesn’t work from another ISP (work). Thought just wanted to let you know. Thanks for your help, Adam and Tom.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @ssinha,

In this case, maybe there’s a security rule in your ISP or network configuration that cause the problem. It’s would be easier if this is a general matter but currently, you’re the only one who report about this matter so it’s hard for us to figure out the issue.

ssinha Friend

Thanks Adam, yes I realize that.

BTW, I upgraded Joomla from 3.4.5 to 3.4.8 and have found no problem so far, in case some others are wondering about it.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @ssinha,

Glad to hear that. If you still have any question or need further assistance, please don’t hesitate to let us know.

Best regards,

Adam.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Adam M 8 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum