Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I read the other threads about Joomla 3.3 in the Purity 3 and T3 Framework forums and have not updated to either Joomla 3.3 or T3v3 Release 2.1.5, still sitting on Joomla 3.2.3 and T3v3 release 2.1.3

There is no prompt in template manager to update the template or framework and from the forum threads it seems there may be 1 or 2 conflicts between 2.1.5 and Joomla 3.3 currently being resolved.

The site is working correctly at the moment, should I just wait for the official notification to update when everything is compatible or is there are priority reason (security etc) to update now?

TomC Moderator

<em>@dealthenuts 425787 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    The site is working correctly at the moment, should I just wait for the official notification to update when everything is compatible or is there are priority reason (security etc) to update now?</blockquote>

The old saying goes … “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” 😎

Seriously though, it is always the best idea to wait until confirmation of a final/stable release of any product – be it a template, extension, plugin, etc. – before upgrading. Otherwise, you do run the risk of “breaking” something within a website that is otherwise working as it should at the present time.

My advice . . . Wait for the JA announcement that Purity III is redy for J3.3 upgrade.
    Also, periodically check the Purity III Changelog – which you can access via the Purity III download page.

Richard A Friend

Perfect Tom, good advice, will wait until announcement.

Richard A Friend

I forgot to ask, is there any date set for Purity 3 to be officially compatible with:

Joomla 3.3

T3v3 v 2.1.6

TomC Moderator

<em>@dealthenuts 427281 wrote:</em><blockquote>I forgot to ask, is there any date set for Purity 3 to be officially compatible with:

Joomla 3.3

T3v3 v 2.1.6</blockquote>

It is my understanding that the JA Development Team is waiting for the stable release of the next long-term version – J3.5 – prior to updating Purity III. Nevertheless, I will forward your question onto the JA Development Team for further comment on the issue.

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@dealthenuts 427281 wrote:</em><blockquote>I forgot to ask, is there any date set for Purity 3 to be officially compatible with:

Joomla 3.3

T3v3 v 2.1.6</blockquote>

I just tested Purity III template, T3 framework v2.1.6 and Joomla3.3 and see it works fine. Please back-up all your sites and upgrade to the new version.

Richard A Friend

Thank you, updated to J3.3 and T3 v2.1.6 and looking good with all Stackideas products, AcyMailing, Admin Tools, Akeeba, JCKManager, JChatSocial, JFBConnect, JGive, JReviews and MijoShop all working fine on Purity 3.

Nice work guys! 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Richard A 9 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum